Various BSoD Errors After New Computer Build

Gigamic

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
I recently built a new rig for a combination of rendering, video editing, and some gaming. Over the past five days I've had 5 BSoD errors at seemingly random times.

The first error occurred while I was running a game and checking my CPU temperature with a third party app. It read SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The second two errors occurred right after I booted from the first error (one after the other). I would type in my pin to be greeted by:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I've also run into PFN_LIST_CORRUPT while watching a video.

And IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while my computer was in sleep mode.

The files that seem to be repeatedly related to these crashes are hal.dll and especially ntoskrnl.exe (although the first crash also referenced ACPI.sys).

Here is a link to my DMP files: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8OAoNk__I69bzJsVGFTcDBDbG8&usp=sharing

I am running windows 10 with the following specs.
i7-6700k
GeForce GTX 980Ti
16 GB of HyperX Fury DDR4 2666
MSI Krait Gaming Motherboard

The processor is water cooled and there is a decent amount of airflow through the case (plus every time I've checked temperatures they've been below 30c), so I don't think this is an overheating issue.

Things I've tried so far:

sfc/ scannow did not return any errors (I did not do this with an install disc, however, so I don't know if that would change anything).

I did a memory test with Windows Memory Diagnostic (standard test) and it did not return any errors.
Addendum to this: when I tried to run the extended test the program seemed to freeze at 21%. I have yet to try a 3rd party memory test with memtest (I plan on doing this tonight).

I've taken out and reinstalled the memory sticks (making sure they were connected properly).

Things I know:

From my research I've deduced that this could be a hardware problem (most likely a problem with the ram). However, I'm not sure where to proceed from here.

I've also heard that some of these errors can be caused by a short in a keyboard (which mine might have as it sometimes behaves weirdly).

There have been very few issues with this computer so far. This was my first time building a PC from scratch, but the only issue I ran into was the motherboard not posting a few times. This was resolved by me wiggling the on board lithium battery and just rebooting it a few times.

Gigamic

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
While going to try what you said I realized I hadn't even enabled the default XMP. So I'm trying that first. It may take a few days for my computer to crash again (if it does).

Gigamic

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
So after enabling the XMP profile I experience another crash. The error I got this time was "Critical Process Died." I've updated the google drive folder with the new minidump file https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8OAoNk__I69bzJsVGFTcDBDbG8&usp=sharing. I am going to try a memtest tonight.

Gigamic

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Memtest returned no errors (3 passes over about 6 hours). Not sure what to do at the moment. I suppose I could have an issue with my motherboard or processor, but I want to be sure that's the case before I return/replace either of those parts. Any help would be appreciated.

Gigamic

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015

Alright so I've reinstalled Windows (system reset so I kept all my documents). I decided to install the drivers differently this time (through the internet instead of from discs). Now I'm just waiting. So far there haven't been any blue screens. However, my computer did freeze earlier today while I was loading a webpage (had to reboot). We'll see how this goes.

If this doesn't work I'll need to start replacing parts.