Various BSODs, increasingly more common.

Piotr_4

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
Hey all, recently my computer's performance has been deteriorating.

Last spring, a thunderbolt caused a power surge that damaged my computer. I've given it over to a repair service, they checked it out and replaced the PSU. Everything worked fine, but then I started getting random, spontaneous resets. They were somewhat rare, could happen a couple of times a day, and then go away for weeks. Then, three or four weeks ago, I started getting extreme graphical artefacting (green and pink cubes flickering everywhere). Any attempt to restart or shut down the PC, or disable and re-enable the graphics card in the device manager causes a bluescreen. The BSOD messages are random, alternating between:

Bad pool caller
Bad pool header
System service exception
Page fault in nonpaged area
Memory management
System thread exception not handled

They've been increasing in intensity, and today they've been happening every ten, fifteen minutes. A couple of times the PC managed to revert itself back to normal after displaying a message that the graphics driver has been reset.

Before they got so intense, graphical artefacting would appear after a couple of minutes of playing a game (Valiant Hearts, but that's not important), but would stop when I quit the game. Then Chrome would open to a black screen, the IE window would be full of glitches, VLC only showed the middle part of any frame, but WMP worked normally, so did OpenOffice and Adobe Reader.

I've ran memtest for one pass and it didn't return any error. I've reinstalled my graphics drivers multiple times, I've ran the sfc.exe /scannow utility once and it fixed some files, but didn't stop the problem. HWMonitor doesn't show any erratic behaviors both when the computer is functioning normally, and when it's spazzing out. Avast and MalwareBytes scanner didn't find a single virus.

Here's a link to a dropbox folder with the .dmp files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xpvlnxdk0ts93pq/AABqCwoQz9hsCAR1uhm2NDmma?dl=0

AMD Athlon II X4 620
Radeon HD 4800
Gigabyte 970A DS3P motherboard

I tried leaving the graphics card disabled in the device manager, but it made the computer very loud and HWMonitor showed that it went to eighty something degrees Celsius, so I got concerned and reenabled it.

Any help would be appreciated. In a couple of days I will try swapping out the graphics card and see if it helps.

Edit : they are now happening literally every few minutes.