Question Various flickering issues on 120hz/144hz

Jul 7, 2019
I've had flickering issues ever since building my new PC around the 20th last month. I had this monitor (D2719HGF) running on both 60hz and 75hz (through an HDMI to mini HDMI cable) on my old setup for 3-4 months and did not encounter a single flickering issue but I just switched to displayport and am encountering flickering issues on 120hz and 144hz (much more common on 144hz). Here is the list of parts in my computer. It can happen when I browse the Internet, watch a video, or play League of Legends but it can start as soon as I boot up the LoL client (so before actually entering a game). I have not encountered this issue while playing CSGO though. The flickers will happen with both freesync enabled and disabled. I am on radeon software version 19.6.2. Here are a list of things I've tried:

• Reseating GPU and plugging it into the other PCIE slot
  • Updating AMD drivers
  • Booting in safe mode and testing things (haven't been able to manage to get it to flicker but maybe that is because I'm locked to 64hz on safe mode)
  • Tested 3 displayport cables (the first two weren't certified on their official website but I've finally gotten a certified one and it is still flickering) and both displayport slots on my GPU

I've managed to record the flickering on my phone and here are screenshots of examples of the issues happening:

Really desperate for a solution here and would be super appreciate of any help or advice you may have! I'm willing to include any other information you may need!

Oct 6, 2019
Little old now but I figure a late reply is better then none. No one answered you, because a real solution does not exist. The D2719HGF is just a bad monitor if you want to run it at higher refresh rates. The monitor does not refresh at a consistent rate when over 75hz. Eventually the PC and the Monitor need to "sync" back up, and you get a flicker/black screen until it does.

Jul 7, 2019
Little old now but I figure a late reply is better then none. No one answered you, because a real solution does not exist. The D2719HGF is just a bad monitor if you want to run it at higher refresh rates. The monitor does not refresh at a consistent rate when over 75hz. Eventually the PC and the Monitor need to "sync" back up, and you get a flicker/black screen until it does.

I tested it on my friend's 144hz monitor for a few weeks and it had the same issues.