Question Various random BSODs throughout the day

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gardenman

Distinguished
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/d9pvk4wj/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:060721-11828-01.dmp (Jun 7 2021 - 06:21:32)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: nvcontainer.exe)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 16 Hour(s), 51 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 10 Master
familiar victim. i assume we have tried different Nvidia drivers already

we running out of old parts and 3 crashes have been in gpu software, nvhelper once and nvcontainer twice.

you ran driver verifer multiple times and while PC crashed, it never created a DV dump as such so makes me think its not software. We haven't seen a driver blamed for ages.

Did you run the benchmarks on GPU? the results won't tell me anything, I am more curious if you crash/bsod during them. Not many ways to test GPU really otherwise

May 12, 2021
Did you run the benchmarks on GPU? the results won't tell me anything, I am more curious if you crash/bsod during them. Not many ways to test GPU really otherwise
I can run intensive games at max settings just fine without crashes. I can do a proper benchmark to see if that will change anything but I doubt it.

Can you get into your BIOS?
Yes, the crashes only occur once the PC has been on for a while.

On a different note, I reinstalled Windows to a different SSD today and got a very unusual crash just a few moments ago. It happened when I copy-pasted text from within an email. Gave me a INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM (96). Here's the link for it: http://www.filedropper.com/weirdminidump

Colif

Win 10 Master
Cause
The INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM bug check occurs when KeRemoveQueue removes a queue entry whose flink or blink field is NULL.

You understand that right, I don't need to go on? (stops being silly)
I love new errors... not.
Its noted that this error happens very infrequently... well, yeah, I don't remember it and I been doing this a few years now.

It appears it is a driver error , the solution offered is Driver Verifer which you have tried and it doesn't seem to create the right errors.

Did I ever suggest you try asking on https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/ , they might see something I am missing. They often blame the CPU for people I send over there. Just a second opinion. Can link to this thread in your post, they know of me over there. I can't assist in threads there as they prefer only the person asking questions to reply. They have a few people who do it over there, not just me.

I will see if dump shows anything.

gardenman

Distinguished
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/dobhLrku/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:060921-7390-01.dmp (Jun 9 2021 - 23:12:20)
Bugcheck:INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM (96)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 38 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 10 Master
redundant: windows desktop manager (dwm.exe) sits between applications and GPU drivers

driver verifer doesn't return a crash dump but 3 other (at least) crashes were in Nvidia drivers.

I don't know if this means its the actual GPU. it could be.

are you using the gpu drivers that came with win 10? I see they from October last year.

May 12, 2021
I did do a clean install of Windows so that may have reverted some drivers. I'll be sure to update the gpu drivers and anything else I can remember.

As for posting on the other forums, I'll try and see if they can narrow it down but you have done the most you can and can't find the direct cause.

Colif

Win 10 Master
I am not perfect, other people can read dumps way better than I can but I do my best.

Its constantly been gpu related even before the reinstall.

That is such an odd error it could be hardware.

I don't see enough Nvidia cards dying to get a sense of what errors might show its the case. Most of the problems I see can be solved with software. Not all.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS