Question Various Windows 10 Apps Slow/Unresponsive (copied from my post on answers.microsoft.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreeperFino

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
This was something I've posted on answers.microsoft.com a while back. It has gotten 90 views and yet no replies. In fact, the post even got locked for some reason, which was not of my doing. I've always had good experiences with the folks on Tom's Hardware, and even if we can't figure out why I'm having these issues, I at least appreciate the read and/or reply :)
And for some additional information that I did not post on the Microsoft website for obvious reasons, my version of Windows 10 has been pirated (using autoKMS with KMSpico), however I've tried without the cracking software and it still gives me the same exact issues. I've also used Malwarebytes, something I haven't specified in the post below, but it didn't help.

Also, I'd tell you my OS version, but the "About" section within Settings > System doesn't ever load.

I've been having issues with various Windows 10 apps (i.e: Windows Store, Windows Defender, Settings, etc).

The Windows Store will either take literal hours to open or open and not allow me to sign in (sometimes giving the error code 0x800706d9 or 0x80070426) and other functions of the Windows store are also slow. I tried installing the Xbox (beta) app as an alternative game installer (since I've been trying to install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition) and it would get stuck on installing and the progress bar will not move.

For Windows Defender, it takes a minute or two to load but at least it actually loads, then if it says there are threats on my PC, clicking "Start actions" doesn't do anything. By the way, whatever virus (which might just be a false positive) it is picking up isn't the cause of the issues because I've used Norton before (which worked just fine) and all of my issues were still happening.

For Settings, certain settings will just outright lock up the app. I.E: Accounts > Sync your settings. Settings will also often have issues checking for updates.

I've tried numerous fixes and none of them helped with anything. I've tried the following: SFC /scannow; dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth; renaming the software distribution and catroot2 folders; Windows App Troubleshooter, which previously would never show anything, but now tells me "Hanging or Crashing apps" and not fix anything; Windows Update Troubleshooter, which always gets stuck on "Checking for pending restart."; running wsreset.exe which never does anything and just sits there on an empty command prompt; reinstalling apps (including the Microsoft Store) with Powershell commands; checked IE proxy settings, resetting/terminating the Microsoft Store within settings; tried using a local account; tried using the hidden Administrator account.

I've even reinstalled Windows 10 (the one option that keeps all your apps and personal files) and even that didn't fix my issue.

Also, I believe I should mention that these issues shouldn't be a problem with my hardware. My specs are listed at the bottom of this post.

I'm at a loss of things to do and I'd really hate to do a complete factory reset and reinstall. Every app that isn't particularly a Windows 10 app (I think they're called metro/UWP apps?) work just fine, but Windows 10 exclusive apps typically have a few things wrong with each and every one of them. I'd appreciate any help as this is a problem that's been a thing PROBABLY since installation of Windows. I honestly don't know.

If anyone needs any log files or things of that nature, I'll be glad to post them.

My specs:
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2700

GPU: MSI GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X

RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz

Devices I have attached/installed:
Logitech G502 Mouse

Signo Centaurus KB-730 Keyboard

Headphones plugged into the motherboard's headphone jack on the IO

USB game controller

Blue Snowball microphone

USB to quarter inch cable