[SOLVED] Varying boot times while Window 10 Desktop is loading

DesTreMic

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
This recently started when i installed Corsair & Razor software for all the fancy RGB & since then the start-up times into Windows 10 Desktop have been all over the place.

I checked some forums, done some basics like making sure updates installed, graphics drivers are in date.

After the above, Windows 10 Desktop would be ready to use after a few seconds of it loading, then every few days it takes a longer time for it to be usable, but today the desktop loaded but i couldn't open anything (web-browser/Discord) for about 5 minutes ?

When the Razor & Corsair software 'loads' they both show the RGB setting that has been pre set, then all applications I already tried to load all open at once.

If anyone can advise of any workaround that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked
32Mb Corsair DDR4 RAM
256Gb SSD Samsung 840 Evo (Windows 10 installed 116GB free)
1TB SSD
Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SSD (Games only)

Solution
My thought is that some buggy, corrupted, or even just working app is trying to update, backup or just "phone home".

Corsair and Razor maybe not playing well together....

Look in Task Manager > Startup. Determine what all is being launched at start up.

Also look in Task Scheduler - there could subsequent application launches based on preceding launches and events.

Look in Update History for failed or problem updates. Windows may be making additional attempts to complete the update(s).

Could be some other app as well....

Do not immediately start deleting apps or making changes. Find out more about anything you do not recognize or expect.

Other places to look: Resource Monitor and Event Viewer. Windows may be...

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that some buggy, corrupted, or even just working app is trying to update, backup or just "phone home".

Corsair and Razor maybe not playing well together....

Look in Task Manager > Startup. Determine what all is being launched at start up.

Also look in Task Scheduler - there could subsequent application launches based on preceding launches and events.

Look in Update History for failed or problem updates. Windows may be making additional attempts to complete the update(s).

Could be some other app as well....

Do not immediately start deleting apps or making changes. Find out more about anything you do not recognize or expect.

Other places to look: Resource Monitor and Event Viewer. Windows may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the varying/longer boot times.

Solution