VATSIM Expriance

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SB3 has a new release version SB3.0.3 that is available for download at this
time.

Harry
"Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> After years of trying to get on Vatsim with squakebox SBhost etc and
> failing every time and not being able to work out why, I eventually got on
> with the release of SB3. Absolutely fantastic I have to say. Controllers
> are very friendly, but it is very daunting at first. I initial started at
> kLAX and did a circuit, my mind went blank completely with what to say and
> the controller at the time was a bit stressed with a fair few planes.
> Tonight I carried out my second flight I went to Biggin and luckily it was
> just me and the controller for a while. He taught me things about ATC
> speak, since using the ' 1 4 etc in FS to do ATC really doesn't go in as
> much as you think, well for me anyway.
>
> So I did some bigging flying and then some VFR flying in to Heathrow and
> back, even though I am not allowed but it was dead around there with no
> controller so it was ok. I then carried on doing some VFR flying around
> biggin and Rochester and headcorn, talking to the Thames approach the
> whole way round.
>
> So my advice for anyone wanting to join Vatsim. Don't be nervous, learn a
> few things about ATC and airspaces and start at a small airport but which
> has a controller like bigging was for my experience, and go practice your
> circuits or IFR flying or whatever, I learnt quite alot about navigation
> around and its so much nicer having real people around
>
> So anyone that's a bit worried, don't be, start small and you can practice
> your flying what ever it maybe, with real ATC, real people, and alot of
> help there for you.
> --
> www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
> www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
> I apologise now for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar

When you download the new version of SB3, checkout the bug page to see what
bugs are still in the program after what, 2 years of, beta testing.

This seems almost like a beta problem of not being able to connect on VATSIM
with the program and then having all these bugs again.

No offense to Joel or any of the SB3 Team.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:21:42 -0400, phrgflyer wrote:

> When you download the new version of SB3, checkout the bug page to see what
> bugs are still in the program after what, 2 years of, beta testing.
>
> This seems almost like a beta problem of not being able to connect on VATSIM
> with the program and then having all these bugs again.

After two + years they are no longer called bugs. They are now referred to
as "features!" ;)

Bill

The community may refer to them as features but the Squawkbox3 website is
still calling them bugs. Not that I am complaining, mind you.

Harry