"VBA bus isn't supplied with reliable voltage from mothe..."

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Asus a7n8x-e Deluxe MOBO
Asus V9999 6800 GFX
Antec TruePower2.0 380 Watt PSU

x Screenshot of Asus SmartDoctor here x

I apologise because I think I've asked in passing here before, but quite frankly now I really want to get it sorted as I've had enough. You can see from the report that the voltages all seem to be wrong, but the odd thing is I've not had a single system crash, nor suffer from poor performance in games (in fact, if anything it over performs).

So what's the problem you're saying? Well, the problem is whenever I'm on the desktop it makes some really irritating noises, here's a sample of me doing the strenuous jobs like moving windows, maxmimising windows and scrolling with a mouse wheel. Mostly things that are easy on the graphics card like running fancy games makes no noise at all, but the occasional thing (running across the map in Mount and Blade for example) will cause it to make the noise constantly, very irritating.

BzzzzzZzzzZzzttTtT!

Any help in fixing this problem would be great. I had a similar issue with the motherboard before, where it'd do it randomly but often and I diagnosed it as being one of the toroids (i.e. if I pushed down on it with a pencil it stopped making the noise) but I swapped the graphics at the same time I swapped the mobo, so the mobo is quiet now but the graphics card seems to of somehow adopted the problem, heh. I should also point out if the computer is idle it never makes that noise, and again, the majority of games don't cause it either.

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Oops, VGA bus*

And quite possibly the weirdest thing ever, but I've just realised I can actually hear the buzzing noise through my headphones at certain times, it sounds similar but not quite. Could that be a clue in deciphering where the problem is coming from? When I move windows etc I can only hear it coming from the machine itself, but I'm minimising/maximising ones at the moment and it's very clearly coming through the headphones.