Question Vbios switch caused weird issue

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Hi,

I own a Asus-Noctua 3070 and 3-4 weeks ago i switched from the Silent to the Performance Vbios via the onboard switch.
Since then if i try to update the drivers to a new version, ex. today i tried updating to the 516.94 via GeForce Experience, the process gets stuck at 50% progress and if i restart the system, then windows 10 get stuck on restarting...Forcing a shut down via the power button resolves everything meaning when the system is back on, there are no weird issues, driver is installed correctly and running sfc/scannow shows zero corrupted files.
And i can re-install the driver via GeForce Experience.
This issue only occurs when a NEW driver package is about to be installed.

5600X
Arctic LF2 360mm
X570 TUF
970 Evo plus 500GB
MX-500 1TB
Noctua 3070
Seasonic Prime GX-850
4x8GB Corsair RGB Pro 3.200MHz, CL16
Phanteks P500A

Any help on why this is happening would be nice...Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you do a custom install via GE & choose clean each time?

I can't find anyone with similar on card. Manual would have helped but it only shows quick guide. I figured it might have said you had to do that each time, but nope

I would ask on here - https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?118-Nvidia-Graphics-Cards

Was Performance the default? was it where switch was at start. Could be it needs to be in a power hungry mode to update drivers. That doesn't make sense, would if it was flashing bios.

Reactions: DeanTH23

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't know if its the switch itself or just the Nvidia drivers. for some reason I thought you said it installed fine after you moved switch... now I don't see it. Seeing things :)

I would run DDU in safe mode, uninstall Nvidia drivers, and once back in normal mode, try installing drivers again