Vcore adjustment

user_32

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
:?: Hello there !
Is there any program for adjusting Vcore from windows?
or any other way to adjust Vcore, when there is no such BIOS option?

regards,
user_32

user_32

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
hello rwaritsdario, thanks for replying.
two remarks: first, there is no place forgotten by God - anyway, where are you located?
- second, remember that softfsb? that allowed you to change fsb to values not listed in BIOS?

your new system looks good; have you estimated the total price?

also, how did you post that fish bone below your name?

regards,
user_32

randomizer

Champion
CrystalCPUID alows vcore adjustment up and down (if you wanted to undervolt, which most people on this forum would wince at the sound of :lol: )

EDIT: In 0.025V increments too! Cant remember the upper and lower limits tho.

mrmez

Splendid
Undervolt? Wince?
Bah!
Im running a 2.66Ghz 805D @ 3.4Ghz, about 0.1v below the standard 1.5v
:p :p :p
Or was that 2.4v??? :lol:
Might try that s/ware tho and crank down the voltage when im not gaming/editing

randomizer

Champion
Looks like I made some people angry :lol: I did say most people, and 2 is not most; but I may be wrong. Underclocking and undervolting is not spoken of much around here, unless undervolting is combined with overclocking. 0.1V is not that much of a decrease either, but enough to make a significant drop in temp (that being a few degrees, CPU and voltage regulators). Some people hugely undervolt with a moderate CPU frequency drop to make a cool running quiet system with low speed (and few of them) fans. silentpcreview.com is full of these people :) . Try and see how low you can take that 805D on stock speeds, you may shave another 0.1-0.15V off it, I doubt any more tho without a speed drop.

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Rightmarks CPU Clock Utility can undervolt your cpu (among changing other cpu settings)... have my X2 3800+ running at 1.125v @ 2.0GHz... it ran at 1.1v @ 2.0GHz (stock speed) for awhile, but wasnt completely stable, occasionally shutting off at random, but 1.125v is completely stable, plus it offers the same temperatures that CnQ offers, at no decrease in performance, no sudden pauses from the cpu speed being ramped up or any of that, so, thats definetly the way to go if youre not too concerned with OCing

randomizer

Champion
Underclocking is excellent if you are scared of OCing because unlike OCing its perfectly safe - not neccesarily stable - but safe. You cant damage your cpu by decreasing voltage, but it is possible to extend its life by a significant amount if you undervolt enough (not that anyone keeps theirs long enough for it to die anyway on stock). Plus it runs much cooler along with the motherboard voltage regulators and that in turn keeps case temps down (not by much tho because of that power hog sticking out of your pcie/agp slot :wink: ), which keeps everything cooler.

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
yeah, it dropped my cpu temperature alone by about 6+ degrees or so, just from the reduced voltage, even with only 3 low speed case fans enabled, a 60mm case intake on the cpu, a 70mm case exhaust below the cpu, and an 80mm intake on the hdds, and its still kept cool during the day, and comparetively frozen at night, lol (this is at idle of course, 100% load only goes up about 5 degrees from idle though, because the voltage doesnt vary from its already low setting)