Deco22

Honorable
Aug 6, 2017
Hello,

I'm quite new to overclocking so apologies if this is a bit stupid.

Recently I just got a new Maximus XI Hero and 9900k and decided it would be a good time to start overclocking, I've been following some guides and ended up testing 5GHz at 1.28V.
So I go and put in 1.28V manual voltage in the BIOS with LLC 6, and as soon as I get into windows (at idle) I'm seeing the voltage at about 1.25~V.
Is that a normal difference from what I set in the BIOS at idle?

I'm also seeing about 1.190V when running any stress tests (P95 26.6 mainly), I'm sure I can help remedy this with a higher LLC, but should I really be seeing a .1V Vdroop on LLC6?

Anyone that can help explain this to me would be very helpful,
Thanks

Full Specs:
Asus Maximus XI Hero
I9-9900k
32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz
NZXT Kraken X61
Asus Strix GTX 1080

Solution
All I can offer to that is that it seems (to my recollection) that it's fairly common not to have set voltage and software-reported voltage match perfectly. How much difference is too much? No answer for that, sorry.

Deco22

Honorable
Aug 6, 2017
Thanks for the quick answer, but its not just the droop under load that I am worried about, its the fact that the voltage is so much different at idle than what I have set in the BIOS, is that a normal thing or not?

Deco22

Honorable
Aug 6, 2017
All I can offer to that is that it seems (to my recollection) that it's fairly common not to have set voltage and software-reported voltage match perfectly. How much difference is too much? No answer for that, sorry.
Ah right ok, makes sense. I just haven't ever seen it to have that much of a difference before. Thanks for the help:)