Question Vega 56 500w psu

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Can i run a vega 56 with a 500w bronze psu? Im asking because i can get one for £250 from overclockers and its definitely an upgrade i want. I know amd recommends 650w, but ive also read that 500w is the minimum for this card. The psu ive got is a corsair cx500w, my other components are

2400g
2x8gb 2400mhz ram
2x1tb hdd
Current gpu rx 580 8gb
Nothing is overclocked.

Can i run a vega 56 with a 500w bronze psu? Im asking because i can get one for £250 from overclockers and its definitely an upgrade i want. I know amd recommends 650w, but ive also read that 500w is the minimum for this card. The psu ive got is a corsair cx500w, my other components are

2400g
2x8gb 2400mhz ram
2x1tb hdd
Current gpu rx 580 8gb
Nothing is overclocked.

No way.

You need a good quality 650W PSU for that card.

That PSU you have is not good and a known system killer.

Thanks glad to be back , wasn't my fault and my numbers\rankings still aren't fully restored , their working on it soon.

Okay. Yeah, I was just wondering few weeks back, when suddenly I saw your account got borked/nuked, and it was showing some weird Username/handle as well, along with something like "Banned by Net: Guest" written on it?? All the replies were showing the same thing.

I usually revisit previous threads in which I've posted my reply. Then only I noticed this issue. But, that was weird, to be honest. Why did the system/database mess up this bad with someone's account ? It's scary, and I think this can happen to anyone here.