Question vega 56 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0v3r

Great
Jun 9, 2019
So i built a new pc a few days ago and it is not working out to be as good as it should be. Vega 56 gpu.I am getting very low fps and my gpu is never hitting max load even in rainbow 6 siege and the division 2. For instance i only have 100 fps when my cpu is overclocked to 4 ghz on rainbow 6 when i should easily be getting 144 idk why this is happening but it is very upsetting. And ive looked at every single forum and thread and customer support out there but cant figure it out.

Specs:
Saphire pulse vega 56
Ryzen 7 2700 clocked at 4 ghz 1.3 volts
16gb trident z ddr4 3600 clocked at 3333 mobo
Msi pro carbon ac b450

Last edited:

C0v3r

Great
Jun 9, 2019
So i built a new pc a few days ago and it is not working out to be as good as it should be. Vega 56 gpu.I am getting very low fps and my gpu is never hitting max load even in rainbow 6 siege and the division 2. For instance i only have 100 fps when my cpu is overclocked to 4 ghz on rainbow 6 when i should easily be getting 144 idk why this is happening but it is very upsetting. And ive looked at every single forum and thread and customer support out there but cant figure it out.

Specs:
Saphire pulse vega 56
Evga bq 740 watt
Msi pro carbon ac b450

C0v3r

Great
Jun 9, 2019

Specs:
Saphire pulse vega 56
Msi pro carbon ac b450
Evga bq 750 watt

What happens if you don't overclock the cpu ?

What happens if you remove the current driver and install another version ?

What temperatures do you read from CPU and GPU ?

Do you experience any other issues with the setup other than in games ?

g-unit1111

Titan
First things first - run every single one of your Windows updates until you get to the latest version (build 1803) and then run the updates for your GPU driver. That should bring your system up to date. If the problems still persist then run a BIOS update on your motherboard and run everything on default settings. It's possible something could have got messed up in the overclock settings but let's try this first and go from there.

C0v3r

Great
Jun 9, 2019
First things first - run every single one of your Windows updates until you get to the latest version (build 1803) and then run the updates for your GPU driver. That should bring your system up to date. If the problems still persist then run a BIOS update on your motherboard and run everything on default settings. It's possible something could have got messed up in the overclock settings but let's try this first and go from there.
ive already done all that i ended up just exchanging it for a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.