[SOLVED] Vega 56 or 5700?

tristan.barefoot

Reputable
Jun 26, 2018
I have a 2600 that I am planning on overclocking to 3.9 or 4 ghz, and I have about $350 to spend on a gpu. Should I go with a $300 Vega 56 from gigabyte (gaming oc) and spend the extra $50 on a nice monitor or get a 5700 when the partner pcb and coolers drop? The monitor is gonna be 1440p 144hz

Full specs:
Cpu R5 2600
Aio Coolermaster ML240L
Gpu Vega 56 / Radeon 5700?
Ram 2x8gb DDR4 3000
Mobo Aorus X470 gaming 5 wifi
Psu Coolermaster MWE 650 gold

Solution
Bottom line, if you need it now, get it now. If you can wait, it's probably worth waiting, however, you might also find that the price difference could be more or less than current reference models. So that could mean waiting for nothing and still getting a reference design if they are less expensive. Waiting definitely gives you more options though, and more options are always a good thing.
On average, the RX 5700 even beats out the Vega 64, so the Vega 56 doesn't even live in the ballpark of the RX 5700 non-XT version. I think the extra 50 bucks is more than worth it to go with the RX 5700, ESPECIALLY if you are going to be shooting for 1440p 144hz.

Bottom line, if you need it now, get it now. If you can wait, it's probably worth waiting, however, you might also find that the price difference could be more or less than current reference models. So that could mean waiting for nothing and still getting a reference design if they are less expensive. Waiting definitely gives you more options though, and more options are always a good thing.

Solution
UNLESS THEY PULL A RADEON VII

TRENDING THREADS