[SOLVED] Vega 56 or Geforce 2060 rtx

aj2k77

Prominent
Oct 6, 2019
I've been offered both cards for decent prices but from my limited knowledge and what I've read, I'm absolutely stuck as to which to buy. I have a Ryzen 3600 and a750w Gold PSU so power isn't an issue. Anyone got any observations or experiences with both and can offer some advice?

Solution
Blowers will be louder, but the temps will be lower.

Hmm? Louder and hotter generally, particularly with AMD, they used a thermal pad instead of thermal paste as I recall (the non-uniformity of the HBM memory and GPU die being the reason). Reference blowers tend to have a relatively low volume heatsink for space savings as well.

Only cooler when they make up a significant portion of the case's airflow, like in small form factors or cases with few intake fans.

RTX 2060 is 160W
Vega 56 is 210W

Without question I think you will have a louder PC with a Vega 56 blower.

RTX2060 is also a little newer. If just gaming, either is good. But for streamers I think you will enjoy the nvenc encoder. RTX 2060 is too small for effective...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Blowers will be louder, but the temps will be lower.

Hmm? Louder and hotter generally, particularly with AMD, they used a thermal pad instead of thermal paste as I recall (the non-uniformity of the HBM memory and GPU die being the reason). Reference blowers tend to have a relatively low volume heatsink for space savings as well.

Only cooler when they make up a significant portion of the case's airflow, like in small form factors or cases with few intake fans.

RTX 2060 is 160W
Vega 56 is 210W

Without question I think you will have a louder PC with a Vega 56 blower.

RTX2060 is also a little newer. If just gaming, either is good. But for streamers I think you will enjoy the nvenc encoder. RTX 2060 is too small for effective ray tracing, but it does have RT cores. They can be used for other things with the right software. RTX Voice for example for audio noise cleanup, quite effective at getting rid of background noise.

Solution