[SOLVED] vega 64 CF or 2080 ?

Solution
wow so why people do it ?
as you said it's running badly and users can't count on it
so should i go for 1080 ti used ? couse 2080 is really not lucrative ?

well some people still cling to the nostalgic during the golden era of multi GPU. i used to have such setup during that time and you can pretty much say there is almost no game without multi GPU support. and the most fantastic thing about it was performance and value. imagine spending less than what fastest GPU cost (back then most expensive GPU is $500) and yet you're guaranteed to get 20 to 30 percent more performance out of it vs the fastest single GPU despite the scaling issue. things start to change when game engine being improved to work better on 8th gen console...
Always go for the fastest single card. Crossfire/SLI is dying because not many developers care about it, it does not scale well and most of the time it's not properly supported.
Multi card setup runs hotter, may cause tearing and stuttering and needs a lot more powerful PSU.

You can find many threads in these forums suggesting the exact same thing when it comes to SLI/Crossfire.

Oct 20, 2019
Always go for the fastest single card. Crossfire/SLI is dying because not many developers care about it, it does not scale well and most of the time it's not properly supported.
Multi card setup runs hotter, may cause tearing and stuttering and needs a lot more powerful PSU.

You can find many threads in these forums suggesting the exact same thing when it comes to SLI/Crossfire.

Most people don't care or don't know about it. They just want better performance and they think that Crossfire/SLI is the way to go. Some also don't want to spend too much and since they already have 1 card, it's cheaper buying another one since most probably will cost less as time goes by.

There are other problems not mentioned in my previous post. You need a proper motherboard that does support multi cards, driver conflicts etc.

Another guy in this thread:
wanted to know about 1080ti. Read that segment.

well some people still cling to the nostalgic during the golden era of multi GPU. i used to have such setup during that time and you can pretty much say there is almost no game without multi GPU support. and the most fantastic thing about it was performance and value. imagine spending less than what fastest GPU cost (back then most expensive GPU is $500) and yet you're guaranteed to get 20 to 30 percent more performance out of it vs the fastest single GPU despite the scaling issue. things start to change when game engine being improved to work better on 8th gen console hardware. many new rendering method that being introduce in newer game engine did not work well with multi GPU tech (mainly AFR).

between 1080ti and 2080 i'd say 2080 will be better options for future games. there is many new features in turing that if used by game developer will improve turing performance.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS