Vega 64 Ryzen 1300X Battlefield 1 stuttering

eliasg3000

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
I just upgraded from dual 7970 to Vega 64.
I have no issue in all games except BF1, it stutters and freezes even when playing with a low number of players with a ping of 47.
Settings are Vega 64@1682@1100mV HBM@1000@1100mV CPU 3.9Ghz 1300X.
I tried 3DMark Time Spy to test GPU stability and it ran with a graphics score of 7800Pts no issues GPU temp max 69C.

BFV multiplayer is fine also.

Is BF1 more CPU intensive than BFV? 4 Cores are running around 90% during gameplay.

Solution
I think the problem here is the 1300X. It isn't a bad CPU, but it might not have enough oomph to drive the Vega 64 and handle multiplayer. Multiplayer in BF1, and other games, is pretty taxing on the CPU.

It could also be that the overclock is stable, but there isn't enough power to drive the Vega card so it power throttles. What size power supply are you running? This is a possibility, but with your CPU all but maxing out I think it is more a CPU issue than a graphics card one.

If you have the money an upgrade to something like a 1600 or a 2600 should really smooth things out. Heck, even just investing in a 1500X to get SMT on top of the 4 cores might help out... but your money in that case is better spent on 6 cores than 4...
I think the problem here is the 1300X. It isn't a bad CPU, but it might not have enough oomph to drive the Vega 64 and handle multiplayer. Multiplayer in BF1, and other games, is pretty taxing on the CPU.

It could also be that the overclock is stable, but there isn't enough power to drive the Vega card so it power throttles. What size power supply are you running? This is a possibility, but with your CPU all but maxing out I think it is more a CPU issue than a graphics card one.

If you have the money an upgrade to something like a 1600 or a 2600 should really smooth things out. Heck, even just investing in a 1500X to get SMT on top of the 4 cores might help out... but your money in that case is better spent on 6 cores than 4, especially since you can get the 1600 for less than the 1500X right now.

Solution

iamacow

Admirable
CPU utilization is 97% on 4 cores. Tells me the CPU isn't fast enough even when OCed. Time to upgrade. You might be able to set the physics to low and get away with that CPU for 64player. Just means no ragdoll or cool effects.

eliasg3000

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

Its the CPU since my PSU is 1200W Seasonic.

Thanks!