Question Vega 64 sudden drop of clock speeds leading to low fps

Nov 5, 2018
I bought a Vega 64 a few months back and have been having issues from the beginning. The gpu clock and memory clock randomly drop to around 500 mhz and wont go up anymore while gaming and it happens randomly and results in me having to restart the game. It's making me think if I should RMA the gpu, but whenever I try to recreate this it just wont happen and it has happened to me twice today.

Things that I have tried: Using 2 diffrent power cables from the psu, setting power limit to 50% and looking at temps when this happens, but they are below 60 celsius and using diffrent drivers. I also noticed that whenever I try to record with radeon relive it tells me that I have to enable desktop recording while I have the game open.

Here's a video. Take a look at the gpu clock.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdeZbRFgfvs

Specs: I7-8086k, asus z370-h rog strix, Rog strix vega 64, corsair 2x8 gb ddr4 2666mhz, Seasonic 750w FOCUS+.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018
Does the issue happen on all titles or certain titles? You forgot to mention that detail. Which driver version are you on at the moment?
Driver 19.1.1. Issue happens on older drivers and it has happened in dayz standalone, Escape from tarkov, valley bechmark and division 2.

The first time this happened a couple of months ago in dayz.