Vegas/DVDA seminars from NAB

For anyone who's interested, the Vegas 5.0 and DVDA 2.0 seminars that were
presented at NAB are still available at
http://stream.imagebeam.com/NABStream/
You'll need a high-speed line as each one (WMV format) is between 80 & 90
Mb.
I just started watching the Vegas one today and, within 15 minutes, picked
up several shortcuts (I hate reading manuals too).

Mike

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> For anyone who's interested, the Vegas 5.0 and DVDA 2.0 seminars that were
> presented at NAB are still available at
> http://stream.imagebeam.com/NABStream/
> You'll need a high-speed line as each one (WMV format) is between 80 & 90
> Mb.
> I just started watching the Vegas one today and, within 15 minutes, picked
> up several shortcuts (I hate reading manuals too).
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike, I had lost the link to that site.

Tim

Mike:

Any idea where we might be able to download the sample files which
were used during the seminar?

That would certainly enhance the learning experience. Perhaps Sony
would be willing to put them up on their site for download?

Anyone know a way to get through the Sony corporate "wall" separating
us from the Sony decision-makers to persuade them to make it happen?

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<2j9nv7FummgnU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> For anyone who's interested, the Vegas 5.0 and DVDA 2.0 seminars that were
> presented at NAB are still available at
> http://stream.imagebeam.com/NABStream/
> You'll need a high-speed line as each one (WMV format) is between 80 & 90
> Mb.
> I just started watching the Vegas one today and, within 15 minutes, picked
> up several shortcuts (I hate reading manuals too).
>
> Mike

Hal

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> For anyone who's interested, the Vegas 5.0 and DVDA 2.0 seminars that were
> presented at NAB are still available at
> http://stream.imagebeam.com/NABStream/
> You'll need a high-speed line as each one (WMV format) is between 80 & 90
> Mb.
> I just started watching the Vegas one today and, within 15 minutes, picked
> up several shortcuts (I hate reading manuals too).
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

Great video! Thanks much. I'm still getting to know all the new features,
so this gave me a kick start on some that I hadn't tried as yet.

Thanks again!

Hal Lowe
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/send_email_new.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
http://wc.halowe-graphics.com (college student & prof resources)

> http://stream.imagebeam.com/NABStream/
> You'll need a high-speed line as each one (WMV format) is between 80 & 90
> Mb.

Thanks! They're in WMV format and can be download all at once (vs.
streaming), so you can keep a copy on your PC.
The ImageBeam site is the best one to pick vs. the Sony download site
link - much faster!

Don't forget about the free NEW FEATURES manual that Sony has on
their website which goes over the changes made in VV5 vs. the older version.

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:01:09 -0400, "Mike Kujbida"
<kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>For anyone who's interested, the Vegas 5.0 and DVDA 2.0 seminars that were
>presented at NAB are still available at
>http://stream.imagebeam.com/NABStream/
>You'll need a high-speed line as each one (WMV format) is between 80 & 90
>Mb.
>I just started watching the Vegas one today and, within 15 minutes, picked
>up several shortcuts (I hate reading manuals too).
>
>Mike
Excellent...
Thanks for a most useful post....
Glenn M

A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd

First of all, thanks to all for your thanks on posting this link. I found
it very valuable and figured that there might be a few of you who had not
heard of it and would find it equally useful.

mikep76 wrote:
> Mike:
>
> Any idea where we might be able to download the sample files which
> were used during the seminar?
>
> That would certainly enhance the learning experience. Perhaps Sony
> would be willing to put them up on their site for download?

Great minds think alike :)
I was thinking the very same last night as I was watching it. I'll post the
question to the Sony Vegas forum as well as the SCVUG forum. It's moderator
was one of the driving forces behind getting this presentation recorded.

> Anyone know a way to get through the Sony corporate "wall" separating
> us from the Sony decision-makers to persuade them to make it happen?

The only way I know is either through product suggestions at
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/support/productsuggestion.asp or the
Sony Vegas
forum. Sony has several folks who monitor the forum and who are fairly
quick to
respond to concerns/problems.