Vegas won't show certain text characters

Using Vegas 3 text generator, Win 2K. Characters such as left and right
quotes, en dash, and em dash show in the text entry but do not show in the
video. For example, holding Alt key and entering 0146 (Windows character
set) or 8216 (Unicode) inserts a right single quote (also used as
apostrophe) in the text entry box. But in the video it is as if there is no
character there at all.

Characters with Windows codes 161-255 display, but those in the range
128-160 do not, even when entered with equivalent Unicode. How do I get
these characters into a title?

Thanks,
nf

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

"nf":

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I have the same issue.