I am a newbie in the world of digital video; I like quality things and
forked out the $$$ for Vegas+DVD version 5 and Sound Forge + CD Architect,
and would like to state that Vegas 5 is amazing!!! I am impressed with the
ease of use and functionality of the software, and I am a complete amature!

Of course I don't know 90% of the software so I'll be waiting for the
training DVD for version 5.

"Kiriakos Georgiou" <kg@olympiakos.com> wrote in message
> I am a newbie in the world of digital video; I like quality things and
> forked out the $$$ for Vegas+DVD version 5 and Sound Forge + CD Architect,
> and would like to state that Vegas 5 is amazing!!! I am impressed with
the
> ease of use and functionality of the software, and I am a complete
amature!

> Of course I don't know 90% of the software so I'll be waiting for the
> training DVD for version 5.

And the more you use it, the more you will like it!!!

Tim

On Sun, 9 May 2004 22:28:24 -0400, "Kiriakos Georgiou"
<kg@olympiakos.com> wrote:

>I am a newbie in the world of digital video; I like quality things and
>forked out the $$$ for Vegas+DVD version 5 and Sound Forge + CD Architect,
>and would like to state that Vegas 5 is amazing!!! I am impressed with the
>ease of use and functionality of the software, and I am a complete amature!
>
>Of course I don't know 90% of the software so I'll be waiting for the
>training DVD for version 5.

The Douglas Spotted Eagle Vegas 4 DVD Class on Demand set will teach
you enough to work in Vegas 5 if you don't want to wait for the Vegas
5 workshop...
Glenn M

A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd

>like to state that Vegas 5 is amazing!!! I am impressed with the
>ease of use and functionality of the software, and I am a complete amature!
>
>Of course I don't know 90% of the software so I'll be waiting for the
>training DVD for version 5.

You'll be learning and loving Vegas for a long time. Deep tool set that lets
you do just about anything. While the DVD will help, the pdf manual (download)
is the ticket to getting full use of all the tools.
Have fun being creative,
Craig H.

> You'll be learning and loving Vegas for a long time. Deep tool set that lets
>you do just about anything.

Check ou this thread on the Vegas WWUG
http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/disp.fcgi?dire=4&prog=displaywwugindex.fcgi&endday=1&forum=sonic-foundry_vegas

Tim Duncan is one of the moderators there. He just did an amazing
in-flight music video of Cheryl Crow that he editied on the plane, on
a laptop, from 5 cameras, all with Vegas 5!!

From Tim:
Today I had the pleasure of editing a Sheryl Crow video on a United
Airlines flight from Chicago to LA. Not only did the editing take
place on the plane, but the performance was recorded as well. This
concert in the sky was a shot on five Sony XDCam cameras then the
discs were handed to me with less than an hour before landing. I was
able to digitize five camera angles of almost five minutes each and do
a multi-camera edit on my lap-top delivering a four and a half minute
finished video on both DV and Hi-8 including showing the video to
Sheryl for approval. Just after landing, the tape was uplinked via
satellite as part of a huge press event for Sony Connect and United
Airlines.
No one could believe that it could be done and delivered that quickly.

Then during the cab ride over to Sony Music for a grand finalle party,
I did color correction on one of the camera angles and delivered a DVD
that was shown during the party. Our team worked together very well to
make this possible. Can you imagine a steadycam on a plane? Plus
lights and portable sound system? It was amazing.

I'll post more details perhaps tomorrow.

Thanks to Vegas and Excalibur!

Keep your eyes open for some great press about this. Media was
everywhere and there were many shots taken of Vegas running on my
laptop.

Gary
The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We are the Desk Top Video Editing and DVD Production Experts!
Sign up for the Videoguys' Insider newsletter http://www.videoguys.com/insider.html

>Of course I don't know 90% of the software so I'll be waiting for the
>training DVD for version 5.

Looks like Vegas 5 training DVDs and books are still amonth or two
away. In the meantime we'll still be offering the Vegas DVD Workshop.
Simply amazing level otf training for the bucks.

http://www.videoguys.com/vegasvideo.html