[SOLVED] Ventus 3070 artifact?

Feb 28, 2021
hello i have a problem, hope someone can guide me

im experiencing strange issue with my 2 months old 3070 card
when playing yakuza kiwami 2, in cutscene i've got this blue light effect, but after im closed the game, reopen it, replay the cutscene, it didnt show this blue light effect,
is this a artifact issue?

i've tried run some stress test like furmark occt 3dmark but everything run just fine without any error

im not overclocking this card, its stock setting from the factory

max temp 60°C
my spec
ryzen 5 5600x
msi ventus 3070
asrock b550M pro4
enermax df revolution 650 gold
16gb team delta ddr4

https://flic.kr/ps/3VVoj4

Solution
hey mate a little update here, playing for a 30 min & i got the same issue, i've tested my drive & its no problem

View: https://youtu.be/N2AfM-nQvJU

did it see like an artifact for you? im never experiencing any artifact before with my 1060, so im dont know this is artifact or not, maybe you can help me, after cutscene end the issue is gone too

No idea but that doesn't look like artifacting. Artifacting wouldn't just leave that blue streak there, artifacting strobes in at random locations or creates jagged edged monochrome objects. I don't know that that is but it's not something you need to worry about in terms of your hardware. And if you're only seeing it in this scene, then there's...
It's possible it's an artifacting issue, but those temps aren't that high. Artifacting can also occur when the VRAM gets too hot since a lot of the visual data is stored in the VRAM. But 60c on the die leads me to believe the VRAM is not that hot either. Since it was a momentary visual glitch it's also likely it was an issue with your drive sending data to the CPU & GPU. It can happen and lead to weird visual bugs such as what appears to be artifacting. Even if you have an SSD bad programing can cause all sorts of issues visually no matter how fast your system is.

Feb 28, 2021
It's possible it's an artifacting issue, but those temps aren't that high. Artifacting can also occur when the VRAM gets too hot since a lot of the visual data is stored in the VRAM. But 60c on the die leads me to believe the VRAM is not that hot either. Since it was a momentary visual glitch it's also likely it was an issue with your drive sending data to the CPU & GPU. It can happen and lead to weird visual bugs such as what appears to be artifacting. Even if you have an SSD bad programing can cause all sorts of issues visually no matter how fast your system is.

Thanks for the reply buddy, so harddrive can cause this problem too? im stored the game on 4tb seagate 7200rpm harddrive

my drive configuration
nvme 256gb for win 10
ssd 1,5tb
hdd 4tb

for the harddrive itself i noticed everytime im starting up the pc, shortcut icon for the game im stored at 4tb hardrive is blankpage, after 10 min of use it just turn to game icon

hope my card is fine because the situation right now is so hard to get the replacement of the card, do you think running test like msi kombostor, 3d mark, furmark, occt 3d & vram, is reliable to check our gpu health?

im running every on of them 1hour, with no error in occt, artifact scanning 0/0 in msi kombostor, furmark no artifact, everything just fine
max temp it reach is stable at 72°C
does it sounds normal & my gpu is healthy?
Thanks buddy im so noob in this, build this rig after years of saving, just so unlucky if got a bad gpu card :eek:

Thanks for the reply buddy, so harddrive can cause this problem too? im stored the game on 4tb seagate 7200rpm harddrive

my drive configuration
nvme 256gb for win 10
ssd 1,5tb
hdd 4tb

for the harddrive itself i noticed everytime im starting up the pc, shortcut icon for the game im stored at 4tb hardrive is blankpage, after 10 min of use it just turn to game icon

hope my card is fine because the situation right now is so hard to get the replacement of the card, do you think running test like msi kombostor, 3d mark, furmark, occt 3d & vram, is reliable to check our gpu health?

im running every on of them 1hour, with no error in occt, artifact scanning 0/0 in msi kombostor, furmark no artifact, everything just fine
max temp it reach is stable at 72°C
does it sounds normal & my gpu is healthy?
Thanks buddy im so noob in this, build this rig after years of saving, just so unlucky if got a bad gpu card :eek:

If your benchmarks all run fine and you see no abnormalities then most likely it's either your hard drive that's the issue or the game itself. You can use Crystaldisk info to check your drive for any issues. I'd keep an eye on that drive just in-case and run any benchmarks on that just to make sure it's running normally. Best case scenario it's just the game programing that's the issue, it happens.

Feb 28, 2021
If your benchmarks all run fine and you see no abnormalities then most likely it's either your hard drive that's the issue or the game itself. You can use Crystaldisk info to check your drive for any issues. I'd keep an eye on that drive just in-case and run any benchmarks on that just to make sure it's running normally. Best case scenario it's just the game programing that's the issue, it happens.

hey mate a little update here, playing for a 30 min & i got the same issue, i've tested my drive & its no problem

did it see like an artifact for you? im never experiencing any artifact before with my 1060, so im dont know this is artifact or not, maybe you can help me, after cutscene end the issue is gone too

No idea but that doesn't look like artifacting. Artifacting wouldn't just leave that blue streak there, artifacting strobes in at random locations or creates jagged edged monochrome objects. I don't know that that is but it's not something you need to worry about in terms of your hardware. And if you're only seeing it in this scene, then there's definitely nothing to get concerned about, it's probably the game.

Solution