computernerd34

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Wondering if someone can verify that this loop will work.

Diagram-

http://imgur.com/6pPnS

Diagram Key-

Red= NZXT dual bay fan controller

Yellow= EK dual bay reservoir single loop in acetal csq

Pink= EVGA NEX1500w gold

Tan= Swiftech mcp655

Teal= gtx 690 hydro copper x 2 in quad sli

Purple= sli connector fitting

Black= Radiators (info below)

Indigo= EK-supremacy acetal and nickel

Light blue= tubing

Green= Rampage VI extreme

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other info

Cpu= 3960x

fittings and tubing= 1/2 x 3/4

Ram= 8x8gb g.skill trident @ 2133

Bottom radiator= black ice 560 sr-1

Top radiator= black ice 120 sr-1

There's a lot you can fix within that rig.

The NEX1500W isn't that good of a PSU, especially when compared to the Seasonic X series which is MUCH cheaper.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151109&Tpk=seasonic%20x

What I really don't understand is why you want 2 690's. There's really no point when you can get 4 670 4GB with blocks which will be a much better choice.

I also don't see the point of 2133mhz memory, there's again, no point because there is no real world performance difference between 1333mhz and 2133mhz.

I also don't see a point in the 3960X, because it is only 100mhz faster than the 3930K for roughly $400 more.

computernerd34

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
REVISED:

Wondering if someone can verify that this loop will work.

Diagram-

http://imgur.com/6pPnS

Diagram Key-

Red= NZXT dual bay fan controller

Yellow= EK dual bay reservoir single loop in acetal csq

Pink= Corsair 1200i

Tan= Swiftech mcp655

Teal= gtx 690 hydro copper x 2 in quad sli

Purple= sli connector fitting

Black= Radiators (info below)

Indigo= EK-supremacy acetal and nickel

Light blue= tubing

Green= Rampage VI extreme

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other info

Cpu= 3930K

fittings and tubing= 1/2 x 3/4

Ram= 8x8gb g.skill trident @ 1600

Bottom radiator= black ice 560 sr-1

Top Radiator= Black Ice 120mm SR-1

computernerd34

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Also! The SLI 690s are basically for EXTREME future-proofing, considering the 700 series will still be based off Kepler and not Maxwell, I probably won't be upgrading to the 800 series Maxwell either unless they show real promise and improvements like Kepler has done

computernerd34

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
You are correct about that.. and it would also make sense considering I'm going to be playing at 7680x1440. So what would your decision be after knowing that? Also one of the reason I went with the Hydro Copper cards is because this is my first watercooling build and i don't know how to install individual gpu blocks, although i bet there's a forum post about that on here lol. Lastly, my most important concern is the gpus as i mentioned above ( I'd like your recommendation muffin) and the loop itself. I've seen SLI hydro copper 590s with a 3960x cooled with a 480 and a 120 rad, so i figured a 560 and 120 would be plenty. Thanks again :)P.S. Thanks for the quick response! I went a bit over board at first LOL, the things i liked about the evga psu were the individually sleeved cables, as well as the red and black theme. Instead of picking the seasonic you mentioned i chose the corsair 1200i because the seasonics cables aren't sleeved individually like the corsair and that lets you see the multicolored cables underneath, unlike on the corsair that has nice full black cables.

thequn

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2012
I will go ahead and disagree with computernerd 34- Even though he is absolutely correct- but you wanna find the best balances of cas latency and freq speed. That will not require you to overclock the memory- or in some cases u.nder clock

There are no gains from overclocking memory.

Since you are playing at such a high resolution, 4GB cards are the way to go.

You can look up guides on how to install, in fact it isn't all that hard to do so.

Buying the cards with preinstalled blocks are much more expensive, and isn't worth the 10-15 min of your time to install them yourself.