Verizon Announces Samsung's Ativ Odyssey Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

robholden

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
[citation][nom]plekter[/nom]I prefer Nokia.[/citation]
so do I, but who cares, more choice is good right... and actually on Verizon this looks lie a fairly good prospect... (since there is no 920 on Verizon...)

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]Almost the same specks as with Nokia 820. Nice to see the price![/citation]

820 has much better camera plus bigger screen (let alone superior industrial design).

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]robholden[/nom]so do I, but who cares, more choice is good right... and actually on Verizon this looks lie a fairly good prospect... (since there is no 920 on Verizon...)[/citation]

Verizon has Lumia 822 which is superior to this in every way.

milesk182

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I was hoping the specs were going to be better but ended up getting a Galaxy S3 instead. I'm betting in the future they will have stronger speced win8 phones but as of right now I will just have to wait.

plekter

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
[citation][nom]robholden[/nom]so do I, but who cares, more choice is good right... and actually on Verizon this looks lie a fairly good prospect... (since there is no 920 on Verizon...)[/citation]
Just saying it because the bundle of software Nokia provides is in my opinion a big part of what makes the platform that great for me.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Are you kidding me, this phone is TRASH compared to even the Lumia 822. It has almost no advantages, and several glaring weaknesses. All I can say is that I hope this phone is one of the free ones on contract, and cheap off contract. I was holding out because I was hoping Verizon was going to release a GOOD Samsung device, like the Ativ S. Many people were thinking and hoping that "Ativ Odyssey" was just the Verizon branding for the Ativ S. Verizon was so tight-lipped about it, and now I see why.

http://www.samsung.com/global/ativ/ativ_s.html

Instead they release something that is inferior to what they've already had for months (Lumia 822, HTC 8X). Terrible, Verizon. You needed a Lumia 922 or an Ativ S - if they had released the Ativ S (under any name) I'd be singing a different tune.[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]You are right about the screen and and camera! But still interesting if the price is right![/citation]The 822 matches or beats it in every department except battery, and it's $50 on contract. So the Odyssey would have to be FREE on contract and substantially cheaper off-contract to stand a chance.

[citation][nom]plekter[/nom]Just saying it because the bundle of software Nokia provides is in my opinion a big part of what makes the platform that great for me.[/citation]
Better camera, better software, and roughly the same price, why would anyone consider the Sammy option?

I really wanted to get the Ativ S (the big brother to the Odyssey), but Sammy took too long to come to market, and we still do not have a firm release date on it, so I ended up getting the lumia 920. I wish it had an SD card slot so I could cram a bunch of my files and music on there, but even without it the phone is proving to be adequate for my storage needs, and exceeding my expectations everywhere else... and that camera in low light situations... man they did a good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.