Question Verizon Modem Extender and Hub Configuration

Jul 11, 2023
Thank you up front for your help!

Currently I have a Verizon Internet Gateway Home Router 5G with Wifi and a NetGear 8 Port Switch that provides wired access for the four computers and DirecTV box. Unfortunately, my house is very spread out and my wifi signal is not great at the other end of the house where I frequently stream on my TV and have a Ring Camera just outside. I would like to extend the wifi signal as easily as possible (understanding that my networking knowledge is a bit limited). I can run Ethernet cable as required for the solution easily (Our garage is under the house). Can someone provide a solution?

Thank you!

If you can run a ethernet cable it is very easy. Just buy a inexpensive router and use it as a AP. You can buy a actual AP if you want but these tend to be more expensive because they have features like being able get power over the ethernet cable.

It should be as simple as setting the router to AP mode and plugging in a ethernet cable that goes back to the main router/switch.
If you have a old router that will likely work fine unless you want support for say wifi6e which requires different radio chips.

Reactions: Ralston18