Verizon SMTP Server

Bart

I have been using "mail.airbridge.net" for my outgoing messages while
tethered with no problem - until tonight. Suddenly, there is no response
when trying to send email. Has anyone else had difficulty?

Here in Eugene Oregon, that one works fine (including today). In Portland
Oregon and north from here, one must use SMTP authentication with
mail.airbridge.net or it will not work at all. I called them about 3 years
ago and had them create an account for me (which was free) and still works
fine. This account (username and password) is what I use to do SMTP Auth
when required.

-Dan

"Bart" <Bart7@isp.com> wrote in message
> I have been using "mail.airbridge.net" for my outgoing messages while
> tethered with no problem - until tonight. Suddenly, there is no response
> when trying to send email. Has anyone else had difficulty?

You should now be able to use the same SMTP servers that you would be
using over a normal internet connection. This was something changed
in the past few months in the TN market.