Verizon's 'Secure' Voice Cypher App Comes With Pre-Installed Government Backdoor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Verizon just made it so that no one will use this 'secure' app ever who is truly concerned about privacy. Verizon, get a clue: NO BACKDOORS ARE ACCEPTABLE! Tell the government where to stick their backdoors.

stansboy1

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
Here's a theory........Those in power (note I don't say Government) start a long historical series of viruses, trojans and malware in general. Which causes the general populace to run for security software, which already has back doors built into it by agreement (or under threat) with the those software houses that produce said software. Job done....we run like lemmings to what we believe is safety, or not ?

Its seems strange that two top security software executives have become persona non grata in the last few years, perhaps they didn't want to play anymore ? Think Norton and Kaspersky.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
People are blowing this completely out of proportion, why would you think Verizon or any company would allow end-to-end direct secure connection without a backdoor for government use? What are you talking about that you do not want the government knowing? Are you a terrorist? Are you planning some sort of government uprising? You are a person on a public company network, you have no rights. Stop. Stop.. Think, you do not have ANY rights. If you want security, then build a custom network off the grid and if the government comes knocking down your doors, whatever the government accuses you of will be the truth. Let that be a warning to you and all the people that make comments that Verizon or their affiliates are bad.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
fimbulvinter - at what point does it make since that the government shouldn't have access to monitor it's citizens or (non-citizens). We live in a world where too many people want to see all we created destroyed and return everything back to the stone age.

At the end of the day, the government flags any comment for further review based on certain criteria, something I am willing to give up for the sake of prevention and protection.

fkr

Splendid

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
1755.—The Papers of Benjamin Franklin

liberty synonyms: independence, freedom, autonomy, sovereignty, self-government, self-rule, self-determination; civil liberties, human rights

for all of the above i need privacy. i am with the right for life, liberty and a pursuit of happiness; btw, people being able to listen into my conversions disrupts my happiness. Our government does not have the right to infringe upon unalienable rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.