Vertical band lines on monitor

Sep 11, 2018
My monitor is showing vertical lines when connected to the graphics card output, but when connected to the motherboard output the lines disappear but it shows a blank screen.
Code:
I have an amd r9 270x .I tried to reinstall the drivers and even the os but no luck .I would love to hear any suggestions from you guys to fix this issue .
Thanks in advance.i have attached photoshttp://

Solution
Hey there. I got the exact same problem as you. And I got it around the same period as well. I too have R9 270x.

I wasn't able to boot the pc until I went into safe mode to uninstall the graphics driver. I could then go back into Windows normally. However when I tried installing the driver back again (using catalyst, adrenaline, minimal driver installation) it went into black screen too. And I can't even boot it up anymore.

I went to search around too and I saw many people facing the same problem with AMD cards too, especially R9 270x. I've also emailed AMD, but sadly no reply yet.
It may show a blank screen when connected to the MB because it is disabled in the BIOS.

The lines sound like they may be the result of a failing graphics card.

You could try your card in another machine and see if it still produces lines....but that's the way I'm leaning.....graphics card is failing.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
It just sounds like your monitor is going bad.. OR your Video card.. OR simply just the cable... I would try a different cable first.. then see if the monitor does the same thing on an different computer OR try a different monitor.. (you can connect to most TVs just an FYI if you don't have a monitor to test with.

Then if all is normal with the monitor on a different computer (and or a cable) its just your vid card is bad.. get a new one of the 3 and you should be good to go.

Sep 11, 2018
Thank you for the immediate response guys
So I have changed the primary graphics to the onboard graphics in the bios still getting a blank screen .
I know the monitor works fine bcoz when connected to the port on the mb in safe mode I don't see any line or anything but as soon as I connect it to my card the lines reappear.
Also when connected to the GPU in safe mode I'm able to boot into windows with the lines this is what confuses me .

Sep 14, 2018
Hey there. I got the exact same problem as you. And I got it around the same period as well. I too have R9 270x.

I wasn't able to boot the pc until I went into safe mode to uninstall the graphics driver. I could then go back into Windows normally. However when I tried installing the driver back again (using catalyst, adrenaline, minimal driver installation) it went into black screen too. And I can't even boot it up anymore.

I went to search around too and I saw many people facing the same problem with AMD cards too, especially R9 270x. I've also emailed AMD, but sadly no reply yet.

Solution