[SOLVED] Vertical gpu mount for case help!

Hello guys i recently i bought a new case and it had a vertical gpu mount out of the box and is really cool. So now i want to mount my gpu verticaly for my second computer. The case dont support vertical gpu out of the box and i have to buy a vertical gpu bracket. The case is coolermaster masterbox lite 5 RGB but i want a solution that i dont have to cut the pci slots of the case. (I saw that coolermaster vertical mount at some cases you dont have to cut the pci slots)

Solution
Yes, seems you can do that since you have a vertical grill on your case backside, but my advise is not to do. Do you checked the clearence ?
I don’t want to cut your wings, but presuming sincerely you have the proper tools and the pacience to do a good job, in my oppinion is not a professional solution, it is just a compromise. The airflow of the GPU needs will be very restricted this way in this case.
Please put the functionality first, not the look.

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
Yes, seems you can do that since you have a vertical grill on your case backside, but my advise is not to do. Do you checked the clearence ?
I don’t want to cut your wings, but presuming sincerely you have the proper tools and the pacience to do a good job, in my oppinion is not a professional solution, it is just a compromise. The airflow of the GPU needs will be very restricted this way in this case.
Please put the functionality first, not the look.

Last edited:
Reactions: stefanos50
Solution
Hello i found a review from someone with the same case and with the bracket and checked coolermaster site too. The bracket is compatible with the most coolermaster cases. So i dont have to do anything like cutting pci slots i just have to install it. As for the temps as i said i already done that to my main pc and is 2-3 celsius higher and even at bechmarks i get same scores.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectrO_90

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
I think you must cut the case with this braket, because it is designed to accomodate the GPU near the motherboard, where are the horizontal slots.

Last edited:
My case dont have things to cut anyway like the case of the video. This is how coolermaster design their most cases. Thats why this bracket is designed for coolermaster cases and on the others brands you have to cut them.As i said i found a review from amazon with the same case and with photos.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Mas...ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=2 (The 14 Octomber one) and in coolermasters site the say its fully compatible with Masterbox 5 Series.

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
Oh, I saw the review and the photos. But what is the initial question about ? I don’t understand. Sorry, I try to help you.
You said “ i want a solution that i dont have to cut the pci slots of the case “.
Since the braket is compatible with the Masterbox cases, and this don’t need to cut the case, what solution do you need ? Please be more specific.

Last edited: