[SOLVED] Vertical GPU Mount

Solution
Do you still have it mounted like that? I've heard from someone that the cable mob vertical GPU doesn't effect temperature much. Also I'm using the Corsair Spec-06.
Not currently. The lights in the middle started going out and it was annoying so it's no longer vertically mounted.

The cablemod moves the card away from the side panel(like the CM I used) so temps won't really be affected. Since that case has fixed expansion card slot guides you'd have to use cablemods mount and cables(or one like it). One like I have wouldn't work without modification of the case.

DSzymborski

Titan
Are there any vertical GPU mounts that don't effect the temp. of your GPU?

While there are larger cases that have vertical mounts that allow you significant room between the fan and the side panel, even a good mounting position is likely to have a negative effect on your temperatures. The only real exception would be an older case that has a side intake fan next to where the GPU would be, but then you'll typically not have a glass panel (or at least fully) which removes a lot of the purpose of having a vertical mount.

DSzymborski

Titan
I used a Cooler Master vertical mount in a Lian Li Alpha 550X and the temps were the same when it was horizontally mounted.

You did better than Gamers Nexus then!

lian-li-alpha-gpu_only.png

Did you do something that make your vertical mount less troublesome?

bignastyid

Titan
You did better than Gamers Nexus then!

lian-li-alpha-gpu_only.png

Did you do something that make your vertical mount less troublesome?
They used the built in mount option which places the card too close to the window(why i didn't use it), which is fine for a water cooled card but not good for others. The Cooler Master mount sits in the expansion slots and is further back and does not impede air flow.
dCyD3mD.jpg

Last edited:

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
They used the built in mount option which places the card too close to the window(why i didn't use it), which is fine for a water cooled card but not good for others. The Cooler Master mount sits in the expansion slots and is further back and does not impede air flow.
dCyD3mD.jpg
Do you still have it mounted like that? I've heard from someone that the cable mob vertical GPU doesn't effect temperature much. Also I'm using the Corsair Spec-06.

bignastyid

Titan
Not currently. The lights in the middle started going out and it was annoying so it's no longer vertically mounted.

The cablemod moves the card away from the side panel(like the CM I used) so temps won't really be affected. Since that case has fixed expansion card slot guides you'd have to use cablemods mount and cables(or one like it). One like I have wouldn't work without modification of the case.

Solution