[SOLVED] Vertical graphics card artifacting

bpennock

Honorable
Jan 28, 2016
Hello all,
I have recently picked up an xfx Rx 590 Fatboy and a neo g mini case that included a phantex GPU vertical mount.
After putting the system together and booting to windows from a ssd I keep crashing and artifacting on the windows desktop.
This is my first time installing a vertical GPU and I'm not 100% sure where to start troubleshooting. I have a feeling that it is something to do with the mount itself, but I am not too sure can anybody help me figure this out?
Thank you

Solution
Hello all,
I have recently picked up an xfx Rx 590 Fatboy and a neo g mini case that included a phantex GPU vertical mount.
After putting the system together and booting to windows from a ssd I keep crashing and artifacting on the windows desktop.
This is my first time installing a vertical GPU and I'm not 100% sure where to start troubleshooting. I have a feeling that it is something to do with the mount itself, but I am not too sure can anybody help me figure this out?
Thank you
With my experience with vertical mounts and 2 different pci-e risers i was never able to make them work with my RTX 2080. Only freezes , black screens , random restarts. It took me like a month to end to the conclusion that its the PCI-e riser. With a...
Hello all,
Thank you
With my experience with vertical mounts and 2 different pci-e risers i was never able to make them work with my RTX 2080. Only freezes , black screens , random restarts. It took me like a month to end to the conclusion that its the PCI-e riser. With a 1070 Ti on the other hand everything is working fine with the PCI-e risers. I suggest you to start by removing the PCI-e riser and mount your GPU directly to your motherboard. If that fix the problem just dont use the PCI-e riser and keep the GPU directly to the motherboard. Most likely the vertical kit will work with other graphics cards.

Solution