Vertical Green Line on Dispaly.

robburne

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2005
I have a LG 24MP55HA IPN screen which is around 2 years old and does get a lot of use.

Around 6 months ago a green vertical line applied (see below). Sometimes it is darker, sometimes feinter and at times for periods it disappears.

I've seen similar issues in laptops, when a soft tap on the bottom of the bezel would remedy the problem for a brief period.

feclMjm.jpg

I have tried the screen on another source and the line remains so I know the issue is not my graphics card or hdmi cable. Anyone know what this is, is there a part which I can replace in order to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Bob.

Then the lines have nothing to do with your computer. The monitor is the problem. You can further verify this by trying another graphics card or plugging your monitor into the onboard graphics if available. Is there a way to factory reset the monitor in it's menu settings? If not, or that doesn't fix the issue, the monitor needs to be replaced. Depending on when you purchased it, it may or may not be under warranty.

robburne

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2005
I had already estblished this, as i said in my original post:

"I have tried the screen on another source and the line remains so I know the issue is not my graphics card or hdmi cable."

My question is what it the component causing this error, it's board inside the bezel which needs to be replaced.

May 20, 2023
hello, I had a similar problem not long ago and I hope I can help you with the solution.

I searched on many sites and didn't find anything, but I understood that something needs to be done (DO THIS ONLY AT YOUR OWN RISK)​

1. look for how to disassemble your monitor (mandatory model) on YouTube
2. open your monitor and see if it has any defects or burns
3. if it has visible burns, defects, search on aliexpress, joom, etc. the payment model is burned out
4. if you have no visible defects, look at the connector between the board and the screen and try to move it in parts, do this many times, and possibly the green line will disappear.
I hope I helped because when the line appeared I was very upset.

TRENDING THREADS