Question Vertical Line but only on certain backgrounds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2022
I have a strange problem with a roughly 1 year old Samsung Odyssey g5 monitor. All the sudden a maroonish to greenish vertical line has appeared on the left side of the monitor. However, it is only visible against dark grey backgrounds. It is not visible on lighter colors at all, additionally, if I change the picture settings such as to FPS mode it becomes less apparent and if I turn on Eye Saver mode it seems to disappear entirely.

Last edited:
I tried it on an entirely different pc and it still shows up.
Right that I understand, what I am trying to determine is where is the anomaly is coming from, hardware, or software. Are you using a gpu? Do you have a cpu with graphics on it? If you do go into bios and change your graphics to the cpu. Then restart the pc and see if the issue persists. If it does then it it most likely a software issue.

Nov 15, 2022
Right that I understand, what I am trying to determine is where is the anomaly is coming from, hardware, or software. Are you using a gpu? Do you have a cpu with graphics on it? If you do go into bios and change your graphics to the cpu. Then restart the pc and see if the issue persists. If it does then it it most likely a software issue.

Right, and I provided the relevant information to determine it isn't specific to the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.