Vertical line on Acer monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon_10

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
When I connected my Chromecast to my Acer h236hl monitor, I noticed a very thin vertical line going through the monitor, top to bottom. It's very visible when the screen is brighter. For dark colors you can't really see it much. Is there any ways to fix this or should I try to replace/fix with my warranty?

Solution
Hi,

Normally that's a hardware problem or a display problem itself. Manufacturer requires a specific number of lines or dead pixels before they replace or repair it I suggest you contact them since you still have a warranty with them. But try using the monitor as an external monitor for a desktop or laptop and see if you'll see the same problem. Lastly is to do a Factory Reset with the monitor.
Hi,

Normally that's a hardware problem or a display problem itself. Manufacturer requires a specific number of lines or dead pixels before they replace or repair it I suggest you contact them since you still have a warranty with them. But try using the monitor as an external monitor for a desktop or laptop and see if you'll see the same problem. Lastly is to do a Factory Reset with the monitor.

Solution

Brandon_10

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
Thanks for the answer and I'll do that but yesterday I noticed when I boot up the screen the Acer logo isn't affected and its only affected by the HDMI Chromecast. Do you think it might be something wrong with the HDMI slot( can't test others because I can't find any cables)

Status
Not open for further replies.