Question Vertical Lines in OLED Smartphone Display!

akiladj

Reputable
Oct 12, 2018
I would like to know what happened to my Screen of Mi 9 Lite. (Screen is not original. 3rd party AMOLED/OLED).
It has vertical lines as seen in the photos.
First a single pixel line appeared and it was visible when red and blue (and combinations of it) were displayed. Not in green (and black).
But now, there are multiple lines and also it is seen when the display shows full black.
When the bottom middle corner of the screen is pressed, where the bottom of the line is, then the lines get changed. Usually the number of lines get increased when pressed, and decreased when released.
Also the number of lines do change from time to time when the screen changes!
Display is about 2 months old. After couple of days from the installation, it suffered from a compression. There was a screen protector and it was broken. Display was okay at the moment. Horizontal lines appeared after a month from that incident.

What is wrong? Possible fixes?

main-qimg-6440d8512fce897d462d01ec690e67fa

Lutfij

Titan
Display is about 2 months old. After couple of days from the installation, it suffered from a compression. There was a screen protector and it was broken. Display was okay at the moment. Horizontal lines appeared after a month from that incident.
You need to replace the screen again...this time make sure you don't undergo the same compression that lead you to this point.

Reactions: akiladj

akiladj

Reputable
Oct 12, 2018
You need to replace the screen again...this time make sure you don't undergo the same compression that lead you to this point.
Thanks. What could be the actual damage occurred?
The odd lines do change from time to time. Sometimes it shows 10 pixel line, sometimes it becomes to a 1 pixel line. Since it shows variations, I thought there is a chance of fixing it!