Vertical lines on a Compaq nc6120 screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_r

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Hi there,

for a couple of weeks now, I have a thick vertical line on the screen of my laptop.
it's about 2 inches wide and about 6 inches from the left side of the screen.
the appearance changes from time to time, but the location of the line always stays the same.
I guess that the color of the line depends on the basic color of the whole display - now it's quite white (white background of this webpage).
if I connect the laptop to an external screen I don't have this problem at all, no line is visible. So I guess it's not a matter of the graphic card.

I've heard a lot about flexing and stuff, but I don't know if this relates to my issue here.
Would be great if someone could point me into the correct direction.

huin2.jpg

ur57b.jpg

(last image is a close-up but turned sideways)
Richard.

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

I have seen this before when the video cable has problems or the LCD itself is damaged (doesn't have to be physical damage, could be a defect). When you move the screen back and forth, does the line change, or the colour of the line change ?

Big_r

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Thank you for your answer.
I'm Not sitting in Front of it right now but as far as i can remember it didn't Depend on the position of the Screen.
I opened the Laptop a couple of days ago and put some Pressure on the cable to the Screen from all Kinds of Sides but it didn't change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS