[SOLVED] Vertical lines on laptop screen, not sure if fixable

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonAshman

Commendable
Oct 29, 2020
Hi,
So I read a few threads and I don't quite understand when it's fixable and when it's not.

I changed the hard drive and now I have this:
IMG-20220921-024640538-HDR.jpg

If I move the lid some lines go away and some new appear. If I press with my fingers below the screen around the Acer logo same thing happens.

What I did:
  • Disassembly again and made sure no connector was loose
  • Remove screen cap and adjust connector on screen side (with my hand)

I'm sad because this is my old laptop and wanted to give it to my mom. With an SSD it's fast enough for anything she might need.

So did I break it?

Solution
It is most likely one of the power bands inside the screen. It can be caused simply by opening and closing the laptop screen. You can try holding the top corners of the screen and slightly bend the corners in opposite directions to see if it helps at all. Other than that, I have nothing else to offer other than you will probably have to replace the screen.
It is most likely one of the power bands inside the screen. It can be caused simply by opening and closing the laptop screen. You can try holding the top corners of the screen and slightly bend the corners in opposite directions to see if it helps at all. Other than that, I have nothing else to offer other than you will probably have to replace the screen.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.