Vertical Lines On Monitor

ThePcNewbie123

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
Alright so, my monitor is broken. Put pressure on the screen accidentally while turning it off (Don't ask), and now i would say, 1/8 of the screen is just dead black. Changed the resolution slightly a bit, now its better. However, vertical red, green, black, blue, purple, rainbow lines still appear on the screen. Usually, if something overlaps the lines, the lines will become more dark and will basically fill up with blackness. (This is hard to explain). However, once I turn it off for a while, the blackness seems to disappear, leaving only a strand of some lines.

Ill try to explain it again.

Have vertical rainbow lines on right side of monitor. Once something over laps the lines, such as a webbrowser (When my google page is up, I have it so it doesn't touch those vertical lines), the lines eventually fill up to darkness like the right side of my damaged monitor. You can still see through, it is not completely filled up. Once turned off for like, 20+ minutes, the black void will start to disappear. Now, what I couldn't see before, I could see now.

I rarely get that blackness now however, its weird,