Jun 15, 2019
Hey guys, i have an Acer Nitro 5, the specs are below, and yesterday i got a new monitor, a Dell U2419H. I was so hyped but after i got it i realized my laptop does'nt have a DP port, only HDMI, and the USB C does not support an external monitor. I was bummed out, because i'm not really sure if i'm losing quality (i bought it precisely because i need image and color accuracy, i work with video editing). But anyway, it's fine (unless this may be the culprit of my issue).

I set it up, and i was watching some videos on it, and when the guy moved his head for example, i noticed a lot of vertical lines in the movement, and basically every times there's movement, i see these lines (they look more like optical illusion lines than actual lines, but they are there) I thought it could be a Vsync issue or interlacing, they look very similar. I looked into Nvidia Panel, i changed Vsync there to active and and reinstalled the Nvidia drives, but it's still there. I have close to zero knowledge on this, so i really don't know what it could be. Maybe it's the HDMI cable? But i wanted to be sure first. And i couldn't find anything similar to this online, everyone only talks about horizontal lines.

I thought it could be something with the refresh rate, but both my laptop display and the new monitor are at 60hz, and i don't notice it on the laptop (but it could be that it's a 17'' vs 24''. I don't know, from my point of view it could be a lot of things, but also could be nothing, could be that this is just the way it is and i just didn't notice it before.
What you guys think??
  • Windows 10 Home
  • Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad Core
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
  • Display 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS
  • RAM: 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4 SDRAM
  • 1 TB storage