[SOLVED] Very Bad Customer Service, What to do next?

majdgh

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I have SEAGATE Desktop Festplatte Expansion 3 TB »STEB3000200« that i bought less than one year ago, the hard drive sometimes disconnects when copping files. I have tried to contact Seagate in Germany per Email 2 Times , first time before about 3 weeks and the second time a couple days ago, BUT no response. I still have Warranty about 2 Years. What should i do, when they don't answear me?? Please help me. I don't want to lose my 2 TB of files
I have never seen something like this.

Update on : 08.01.2020
I have tried to use the Telefone and they were very helpful and they sent me a new AC adapter
and will change the hard drive if the AC Adapter was not causing the problem
they told me they have a probelm with Email so they don't answear.. anyway i will post any update if the AC was not causing the problem

Last edited:
Solution
Check your windows power settings, advanced options.
See that the usb selective suspend setting is disabled.

Periods if inactivity to a usb device may reduce the usb power to the point whare your device goes inactive.

Try connecting your HDD directly to a sata port on the motherboard to eliminate the device as a cause.

USAFRet

Titan
Warranty from Seagate does nothing for your files. Only the physical drive replacement.

Backups of your data is your own responsibility.
While the drive is currently moslty working, time to backup your stuff.

Might this disconnection be something other than the actual drive?
Motherboard port or cable, perhaps?

Reactions: Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
Might I ask where you purchased the drive from? If you purchased it from a store, you should be contacting them first. Also, might it be possible to mention the email address you sent in order to reach out to Seagate? However, as stated above, Seagate don't take responsibility for the files that are on the drive but only the drive itself.

majdgh

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
I was using it since a couple of monthes and this problem started to accuere in the last month. my motherboard is MSI X370 Gaming plus. I don't think this is because of USB port because another thing that happens that the AC adapter of the Hard drive making sounds like a constant tone. the problem that i can't post a the email beacause i used there contacting form. so I do not have a copy of it. but it was a simple email descriebing the problem. Thanks for reply

USAFRet

Titan
I was using it since a couple of monthes and this problem started to accuere in the last month. my motherboard is MSI X370 Gaming plus. I don't think this is because of USB port because another thing that happens that the AC adapter of the Hard drive making sounds like a constant tone. the problem that i can't post a the email beacause i used there contacting form. so I do not have a copy of it. but it was a simple email descriebing the problem. Thanks for reply
Then it might be the AC adapter.

majdgh

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
Then it might be the AC adapter.
This sound comes not always, i am not sure. if they still don't answear me, i would buy a new adapter and hopes that it would fixes the problem.
The problem i have about 2 TB of files on this 3 TB, i can't make a Backup.. I definitely should buy a new one.

majdgh

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
Might I ask where you purchased the drive from? If you purchased it from a store, you should be contacting them first. Also, might it be possible to mention the email address you sent in order to reach out to Seagate? However, as stated above, Seagate don't take responsibility for the files that are on the drive but only the drive itself.
I have contacted the store, This is only a seller, Seagate is responsible for the support, and i registed my HDD in there website wenn i bought the HDD, and now when i fill the Harddrive informations in Seagate site, they say that i have more than one Year warranty, Then i use the next page to contact them !!

Periods if inactivity to a usb device may reduce the usb power to the point whare your device goes inactive.

Try connecting your HDD directly to a sata port on the motherboard to eliminate the device as a cause.

Solution

majdgh

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018

hello,
Thanks for the reply, i have disabled it , actually that was really anoying to me, because when i work on other programs for some long time then go to PC the 3 TB hard drive freezes my PC until it goes on again. So at least i knew now something new. Thanks.

majdgh

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
Update on : 08.01.2020
I have tried to use the Telefone and they were very helpful and they sent me a new AC adapter
and will change the hard drive if the AC Adapter was not causing the problem
they told me they have a probelm with Email so they don't answear.. anyway i will post any update if the AC was not causing the problem