Very bad FPS in games! :(

kgs1992

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
I'm using an ASUS laptop for gaming because my desktop is a piece of ***.
I currently run Alan wake at 1280x720 on low settings.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz (stock)

RAM: 4 GB

Graphics: ATI Mobility Raedeon HD 5470 (1 GB)

Platform: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601)

I get around 20-30fps in the game. Deus Ex: Human Revolutions also game me about 30 fps on low-medium settings.
Why are my games so laggy? Also, my cores reach max temps of 72 deg celsius while playing.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, while the i3 is a very good processor overall, the one you have is too lowly clocked to really do well in games. The GPU is underpowered as well, as the 5470 is a budget model GPU. 4GB of RAM is also considered the minimum these days [though thats probably the smallest thing holding you back].

makafri

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
there is a reason why your graphic chip is a low end one... to play games in low detail low resolution... of course is better than any integrated intel graphich chip...

kgs1992

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Yes, I'm aware that the specs aren't all that great, but is it only the hardware limitation or is there some problem?
I'm currently still living with parents and they don't intend to buy me a console anytime soon.
So, until I can earn enough to buy a good enough desktop, this laptop is the best that I'm going to get.
Thanks for your replies, I was worried that there was something wrong with my laptop.

Hi :)

Nothing wrong with your laptop as such, its just that lappies dont make great gaming machines....as you have just discovered....not a great cpu and not a great graphics card....normal for a low end lappy....

Nothing you can improve really apart from adding more ram if you can but it wont make much difference in games...

All the best Brett :)