Very bad frame rates in every game.

npgaming2015

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
I usually get around 300-450ish fps in Minecraft, 80-100 in GTA, etc...
Yesterday I logged on(to Minecraft) and my frames were under 100 and were frequently spiking. This has happened in every game and I have been forced to decrease the resolution(by a lot) to make games playable. I get more fps on my laptop, which is VERY bad.

Specs:
Software: Windows 10
GPU: GTX 1080
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
RAM: 16 Gigabytes
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB
Motherboard: ASUS B85M-g R2.0
I am starting to think it's either my CPU or my motherboard that is bottlenecking my graphics card. If I'm wrong or if you have any fixes please reply.
Thanks.

Solution
And most likely not working anymore. Do you have a spare psu u can try on? One that is healthy?

Had any Windows updates in the meantime? Maybe they broke something in the last update...

I wouldn't worry about bottlenecking a desktop i7 even if it's 4th gen (damn old now) but you can Google if it does. (Although, if it would have, it would have done so from the start).

Any swollen capacitors on that mobo? Maybe that gtx1080 drew too much power through it....

spoof01

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
And most likely not working anymore. Do you have a spare psu u can try on? One that is healthy?

Had any Windows updates in the meantime? Maybe they broke something in the last update...

I wouldn't worry about bottlenecking a desktop i7 even if it's 4th gen (damn old now) but you can Google if it does. (Although, if it would have, it would have done so from the start).

Any swollen capacitors on that mobo? Maybe that gtx1080 drew too much power through it....

Solution