Question Very bad performance with good specs

Jul 7, 2020
hello

my pc is running very slow, even though my specs are somewhat good. my specs are

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: GTX 1660 Ti
RAM: 2x8GB CL15 2933Mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x470 Ultra Gaming

My pc crashes very often, sometimes it freezes so i have to turn it off from the power supply and turn it back on. Restarting takes a whopping 10 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Windows - edition and version?

What PSU is installed: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Boot drive: make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond with the crashes.

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris. Verify that all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

not every X470 mainboard/RAM kit (and certainly not mismatched sticks not from a kit)/R7-2700X is necessarily 100% capable of 2933 MHz operation; I'd try lower clocks, say 2400 MHz, and retest for stability, then slowly increase the speeds and retest....

Mainboard at latest BIOS?

Jul 7, 2020
Windows - Windows 10 Build 19041.329
PSU - NZXT E650, its like 1 year 4 months old
I have reset multiple times now, boot drive is 60gb out of 256gb, its an M.2 by Crucial
All of the Reliability are The previous system shutdown at <time> on <date> was unexpected.
I cleaned the dust and debris, no performance hits. I've rebuilt the system like 2 times now, still the same issue

I'm going to try to underclock my ram, my motherboard is at the latest bios (F50)

It's a custom build, first pc i've ever built. The issues started happening like 3 months ago.

Jul 7, 2020
Very weird thing happened today, i wasn't home for 3 days, my bios was at the latest version (F50) and today i realized its back at F3, why did it downgrade?

DSzymborski

Titan
Still waiting to know how you got Windows installed initially. Also, a "reset" is not a full wipe-and-reinstall, unless you're using the terminology in the non-usual way.

I'd certainly also, considering there are actual crashes, test out another PSU just to eliminate it, after a full wipe-and-reinstall fails to work.

It was also suggested you run the RAM at the basic, stock clock speeds. Also try using only one. No indication if you've run MEMTEST.

Jul 7, 2020
The entire system just hangs and gets very slow.

How am i supposed to reset then?

I tried using another PSU, still the same issue

I’ll try using stock clock speeds and i havent ran memtest.