Very best case intake fans?

Kingsmash

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014
Hi, I am looking for opinions on the very best case intake fans (for use without radiators) with regard to quality/performance only. Though, if I had to limit options, I would say low noise is strongly preferred. I am hoping to offset some of the less cooling friendly build choices outlined below.

I have just bought an NZXT H400 which has a solid front panel with vents on each side. There is room for 2x 120/140mm fans. I will be running 3x Corsair 120mm light loops at the back and top exhausts. I will have a 9700K inside cooled by an air cooler. Not decided on which one yet but hopefully it won't be massive. No overlocking intended. I will also have an EVGA RTX 2070 XC.

Many thanks for any help!

Dec 22, 2018
After extensive research I went with 2x Noctua Redux 140mm PWM 1500 for my intakes. Like you I have rgb rear and top where I can see them. The Noctua are super quiet and have high cfm. Very happy with them. I started with Corsair ML pro 140 and those things were really loud above 50%.

Kingsmash

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014
These are excellent suggestions. Thank you! The Silent Wings 3 may be slight overkill as my rgb fans go up to 25 dB but I think when I balance the airflow they will be quieter. I also really like the look of them. That said, the Noctuas have much higher static pressure. Not sure how much static pressure I would need for simple filtered side vent intakes but that will be the deciding factor between the two.

TRENDING THREADS