Very big prob!!!

G

Hi
I have an ASUS CUSL2-C motherboard and an ASUS AGP-V7100 Geforce2MX video card And i think they have some problems with each other.My monitor doesn't show anything when powered up.I tried everything but it was useless.I even got a TNT2 from my friend.IT worked.But my geforce didnt work.I changed it with a new one but the same problem repeated.I tried both my old and new Geforce2 on a machine with the same config. as mine and they worked Please help me.
> PIII800
> 128MB 133 Mhz
> Ext USRobotics
> SBLive

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
The only thing that I can think of on that one is that maybe your power supply can't handle the extra needed power of the Geforce2 MX. What is the power supply rated at?
The other thing you can do is go to www.geforcefaq.com, it has all kinds of info on what Geforce cards require for power and also troubleshooting problems with them.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have ran virtually every consumer graphics card made within the last 2 years on my CUSL2, without problems (except for a driver problem on an SiS card). So chances are that your doing something wrong, and it could be the power supply, or maybe your not pushing it in far enough.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

tartarhus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Perhaps one of your bios settings is goofed? To be safe, update to the latest bios, clear the cmos (or just pull out the mobo battery) and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, strip down your system to its bare minimum and see if it makes any difference. If it does, just reinstall everything piece by piece until you find the problem. Also, if you have generic memory, try switching it out with someone elses. The 815 chipsets can be kind of finicky with memory modules. Actually, now that i think of it, all chipsets can be kinda finicky with memory modules :) 440bx i miss you :(

-- Chaos is the better order.