Question How to fix a very corrupted external HDD ?

Dante_The_Rogue

Prominent
Apr 18, 2020
Hello!

Two days ago, my cousin brought his external hard drive here, and I transferred some big files over to my external hard drive. During the transfer, I think due to a faulty USB-C cable, the HDD that received the files got disconnected and connected again in an instant. At the time, nothing happened, and the file transfer just continued normally. After the transfer was done, my HDD stopped working properly, and I couldn't access any files. This for some reason affected my whole laptop, meaning file explorer got extremely slow, as did almost every other system utilities.

I have a 2tb HDD which I've split in two drives, drive G: and H:. In disk management, when I look at the drives, it says on the G: drive that it's Raw. After following some YouTube tutorials, I managed to get the G: drive out of Raw. Disk management says, the drives are healthy and working properly even though they aren't. One of the things that confuses me the most is, how did the G: drive convert to exFAT while the H: drive is NTFS ?

When I try to access a folder, it gives me an error saying: "G:\VST's is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.", and it does this when I try to access anything from the two drives. I've tried commands chkdsk /f and chkdsk /r, but none of them works. I've tried EaseUs recovery tool, and after it scanned the drives it says that 0 bytes was found. Furthermore, I tried R-undelete too, and it can't even find the drives.

I need to somehow repair the drives without losing any important data. If somebody has had experience in dealing with this problem, then I humbly ask for help.

Laptop: Lenovo Legion 7 (16" AMD)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
External HDD: LaCie P9227 Slim SCSI