very disappointed in dd wrt

db86694

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
can anyone please help me get a valid ip address for lan (ethernet) I have searched online for a week and I see lots of folks with same or almost same problem but never a solution. So I split pc screen and on one half I ran cmd line and started pinging linksys wrt54g v6 pings fine up until the moment I hit install to flash dd wrt then loose ping and get unidentified network error. I revert back to stock pings fine hook pc to other router works fine wifi works and pings with dd wrt just not ethernet. so I know it has to do with dd wrt pc is fine can connect to anything else and tried 3 pcs to connect to dd wrt lan no go on any device. so to recap wifi from dd wrt works fine ethernet does not. no device can connect but all those devices will connect to gateway so I am for sure that router is problem when running dd wrt it works fine with stock firmware. dd wrt connects to gateway in repeater bridge mode and devices connect to wifi from dd wrt with a good ip. lan will not. what realy gets me is I can take the gateway ip subnet ip and ip from wifi connection that works from this pc to dd wrt and disable wifi put those exact working addresses in lan and its unidentified. how can exact same numbers work for wifi not lan. so no matter if it auto gets ip or manual ip still unidentified. I have updated drives power cycled flashed reverted a half dozen times still no go. I don't know what else to try. there are post and forums full of folks with same or almost same problem every were but for some reson no solution they all say update drives or see if you can connect with gateway never want to say could be dd wrt problem I don't get that but anyway I know for sure problem is with dd wrt ruled everything else out. I don't think im asking to much I just need one valid ip for ethernet. please tell me what setting is wrong or what I need to do to fix this. I read everywere how awesome and great dd wrt is but I have to say I don't feel the same way I have beat my head in the wall trying to get this and there is no support I guess once you install your on your own. im not an it guy but seems like easy request I just need ip that works! any advice you have I would be very greatful for. if I let lan get ip auto it gets a 169 address and im pretty sure that means windows got no info from router. what really stumps me is when I put in address manualy and run ipconfig the working wifi list 192.168.0.33 as ip 255.255.255.0 as subnet and 192.168.0.1 as gateway ethernet that is unidentified is 192.168.0.32 ip 255.255.255.0 subnet 192.168.0.1 as gateway all other stuff same except working wifi says DHCP enabled yes lan says DHCP enabled no but I think that's cause I manualy put in ip how can same ip address work for one not the other? please help me work this out im about ready to take hammer to router and router works fine as long as not running dd wrt but firmware has no bridge option. and one more thing before anyone ask if its right version of dd wrt for linksys wrt54g v6 I only found 2 versions that are SUPPOSED to work on that router and yes tried them both with exact same results! NO ACCESS AT ALL TO LAN cant even ping it.

db86694

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
wow you don't have to be rude I typed it just fed up with this thing and trying to give enough info so I don't get update drives or try to connect to gateway with dd wrt router off. I tried all that. if you don't want to help or have no advice that's fine but I don't see how telling me to buy a new router helps anything. I wanted to use what I had on hand or id buy a bridge. everyone says how good dd wrt was for just such thing and it may be but sure not much support. thanks anyway for letting me know I can buy a new router but be much more helpful if you tell me how to get a valid ip on lan

db86694

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017

wow you don't have to be rude I typed it just fed up with this thing and trying to give enough info so I don't get update drives or try to connect to gateway with dd wrt router off. I tried all that. if you don't want to help or have no advice that's fine but I don't see how telling me to buy a new router helps anything. I wanted to use what I had on hand or id buy a bridge. everyone says how good dd wrt was for just such thing and it may be but sure not much support. thanks anyway for letting me know I can buy a new router but be much more helpful if you tell me how to get a valid ip on lan

db86694

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
thanks for your reply. yes I read it along with wiki for my router and peacock article. but the flash itself went well as I said wifi works great. as a matter of fact I have flashed reverted and flashed again at least a half dozen times trying to fix this. don't know what it could be. what gets me is I can copy and past all ip address from working wifi connection to ethernet connection on same pc and still says unidentified. how can that be less than 30 seconds ago worked on wifi