Very disappointing performance on good system.

MolleVIP

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
System Specs

• ■ Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4,5Ghz - 1.3v With Corsair H110i
    ■ ROG-STRIX-GTX1070TI-8G-GAMING
    ■ INTEL® SSD 600P SERIES M.2 SSD @ 512GB
    ■ 32GB DDR4 Ram (2x8GB at 2666Mhz) & (2x8GB at 3000MHz downclocked to 2666Mhz)
    ■ MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X

Issue
So my issue is that after a while I've become more and more annoyed with my pc's performance. I believe the system is quite good, but I'm getting lacking performance. My biggest problem right now, is that Fortnite isn't running well on the system. Sometimes when playing the mouse feels all laggy, even when the game is still on 144fps (capped because of 144hz monitor.) I don't know what could be causing it. The system is not overheating at all and is actually on the quite low numbers. The % taken is not too crazy either like hitting the 100s, but it's getting a little up there. My biggest issue is that I want to stream, but I keep on having bad experiences because the aiming ingame feels all "wrong/laggy" and I don't have a clue as to why.

Things in my concern
Since I've been a little forgetfull, I though I had 3000Mhz ram in my pc, and went to pick up more of the same, I ended up figuring out that the ram I had installed was only 2666Mhz, and thus I downclocked all the ram to run at 2666Mhz. I don't have any experience downclocking, and I don't know if that could be causing any issues.

Another thing of my concern, is that I just struck coal on the cpu-sillicone lottery, and got an underperforming CPU. (Fortnite is very CPU intensive.)

Quick facts

• ■ When streaming I am using NVENC with my 1070 ti because fortnite is CPU intensive
    ■ The pc does not get hot. Even under full load, the cpu does not go over 60 degrees.
    ■ I've tried formatting the pc, and while it helped a little, I'm still having issues.

Thanks in advance everyone,

MolleVIP

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016

It does at times, but from my perspective it feels so random. It can go a whole day without any issue, and then be all bad the next day. I really can't see a pattern. Some times it's bad in highly populated areas and buildfights (Fortnite) and sometimes, it's just when walking around on my own.