Very Dissapointed in Nero

Just bought Nero 6.0 Ultra, I am very disappointed.

First thing I tried was to play a DVD on ShowTime. With hardware
acceleration of the movie is very,very choppy. With hardware acceleration
on the screen is black. WinDVD and PowerDVD play the video fine.

Second thing I tried to do is to backup my DVD's so I would not need to take
my originals on vacation. Won't do it, copyright protection.

Third thing was to use BackItUp. Out of the 29,000 files on my computer
over 1000 of them had file names greater than 256 characters long. Backitup
will not read files with filename longer than 256 characters unless you use
8.3 format. This makes BackItUp completely useless. I would guess that
most everyone has cookies in there temp internet folder that the complete
filename is greater than 256 characters (including path). How can you ship
something like this?

I am afraid to try the forth thing.

Trey Weaver

Trey Weaver wrote:

> I am afraid to try the forth thing.

"Fourth thing" Trey, fourth thing.

Gary Eickmeier

Lazarus

I spoke to Nero and he was very disappointed in you as a user of his
software!

"Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote in message
> Just bought Nero 6.0 Ultra, I am very disappointed.
>
> First thing I tried was to play a DVD on ShowTime. With hardware
> acceleration of the movie is very,very choppy. With hardware acceleration
> on the screen is black. WinDVD and PowerDVD play the video fine.
>
> Second thing I tried to do is to backup my DVD's so I would not need to
take
> my originals on vacation. Won't do it, copyright protection.
>
> Third thing was to use BackItUp. Out of the 29,000 files on my computer
> over 1000 of them had file names greater than 256 characters long.
Backitup
> will not read files with filename longer than 256 characters unless you
use
> 8.3 format. This makes BackItUp completely useless. I would guess that
> most everyone has cookies in there temp internet folder that the complete
> filename is greater than 256 characters (including path). How can you
ship
> something like this?
>
> I am afraid to try the forth thing.
>
> Trey Weaver

Unfortunately I paid Nero $60 for his software; maybe he should pay me $60
not to be his customer; then he can complain.

Trey

Mail:
treyweaver@weavertechnology.com --------------------------------------------
------
"Lazarus" <whicanibe@now.com> wrote in message
> I spoke to Nero and he was very disappointed in you as a user of his
> software!
>

> "Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote in message
> > Just bought Nero 6.0 Ultra, I am very disappointed.
> >
> > First thing I tried was to play a DVD on ShowTime. With hardware
> > acceleration of the movie is very,very choppy. With hardware
acceleration
> > on the screen is black. WinDVD and PowerDVD play the video fine.
> >
> > Second thing I tried to do is to backup my DVD's so I would not need to
> take
> > my originals on vacation. Won't do it, copyright protection.
> >
> > Third thing was to use BackItUp. Out of the 29,000 files on my computer
> > over 1000 of them had file names greater than 256 characters long.
> Backitup
> > will not read files with filename longer than 256 characters unless you
> use
> > 8.3 format. This makes BackItUp completely useless. I would guess that
> > most everyone has cookies in there temp internet folder that the
complete
> > filename is greater than 256 characters (including path). How can you
> ship
> > something like this?
> >
> > I am afraid to try the forth thing.
> >
> > Trey Weaver

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote:

>Just bought Nero 6.0 Ultra, I am very disappointed.
>
>First thing I tried was to play a DVD on ShowTime. With hardware
>acceleration of the movie is very,very choppy. With hardware acceleration
>on the screen is black. WinDVD and PowerDVD play the video fine.
>
>Second thing I tried to do is to backup my DVD's so I would not need to take
>my originals on vacation. Won't do it, copyright protection.
>
>Third thing was to use BackItUp. Out of the 29,000 files on my computer
>over 1000 of them had file names greater than 256 characters long. Backitup
>will not read files with filename longer than 256 characters unless you use
>8.3 format. This makes BackItUp completely useless. I would guess that
>most everyone has cookies in there temp internet folder that the complete
>filename is greater than 256 characters (including path). How can you ship
>something like this?
>
>I am afraid to try the forth thing.
>
>Trey Weaver

Don't be too hard on Nero 6, most programs refuse to copy protected
DVD's. I'd suggest you take a look at the Nero site as it offers a lot
of help with tutors and suggestions of how to overcome problems.
I've found that with most software you need to study the manual in
detail as there are many options you can use to get the program to
work the way you want it to work.
Nero is still a popular program and I know of some happy Nero users.
What Nero does best is more in the audio side.

Regards Brian

The manual did not even mention the filename too long problem.

Their site was very clear on the copywrite protection on DVDs. Now I use
DVD Shrink.

Trey

Trey Weaver Weaver Technology Trey Weaver Weaver
Technology -------------------------------------------------- Phone:
919-303-3612 Cell: 919-345-0597 e-Mail:
"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
> "Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote:
>
> >Just bought Nero 6.0 Ultra, I am very disappointed.
> >
> >First thing I tried was to play a DVD on ShowTime. With hardware
> >acceleration of the movie is very,very choppy. With hardware
acceleration
> >on the screen is black. WinDVD and PowerDVD play the video fine.
> >
> >Second thing I tried to do is to backup my DVD's so I would not need to
take
> >my originals on vacation. Won't do it, copyright protection.
> >
> >Third thing was to use BackItUp. Out of the 29,000 files on my computer
> >over 1000 of them had file names greater than 256 characters long.
Backitup
> >will not read files with filename longer than 256 characters unless you
use
> >8.3 format. This makes BackItUp completely useless. I would guess that
> >most everyone has cookies in there temp internet folder that the complete
> >filename is greater than 256 characters (including path). How can you
ship
> >something like this?
> >
> >I am afraid to try the forth thing.
> >
> >Trey Weaver
> >
> Don't be too hard on Nero 6, most programs refuse to copy protected
> DVD's. I'd suggest you take a look at the Nero site as it offers a lot
> of help with tutors and suggestions of how to overcome problems.
> I've found that with most software you need to study the manual in
> detail as there are many options you can use to get the program to
> work the way you want it to work.
> Nero is still a popular program and I know of some happy Nero users.
> What Nero does best is more in the audio side.
>
> Regards Brian

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote:

>The manual did not even mention the filename too long problem.
>
>Their site was very clear on the copywrite protection on DVDs. Now I use
>DVD Shrink.
>
>Trey
>
>Trey Weaver Weaver Technology Trey Weaver Weaver
>Technology -------------------------------------------------- Phone:
>919-303-3612 Cell: 919-345-0597 e-Mail:
>treyweaver@weavertechnology.com --------------------------------------------
>------
>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>> "Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Just bought Nero 6.0 Ultra, I am very disappointed.
>> >
>> >First thing I tried was to play a DVD on ShowTime. With hardware
>> >acceleration of the movie is very,very choppy. With hardware
>acceleration
>> >on the screen is black. WinDVD and PowerDVD play the video fine.
>> >
>> >Second thing I tried to do is to backup my DVD's so I would not need to
>take
>> >my originals on vacation. Won't do it, copyright protection.
>> >
>> >Third thing was to use BackItUp. Out of the 29,000 files on my computer
>> >over 1000 of them had file names greater than 256 characters long.
>Backitup
>> >will not read files with filename longer than 256 characters unless you
>use
>> >8.3 format. This makes BackItUp completely useless. I would guess that
>> >most everyone has cookies in there temp internet folder that the complete
>> >filename is greater than 256 characters (including path). How can you
>ship
>> >something like this?
>> >
>> >I am afraid to try the forth thing.
>> >
>> >Trey Weaver
>> >
>> Don't be too hard on Nero 6, most programs refuse to copy protected
>> DVD's. I'd suggest you take a look at the Nero site as it offers a lot
>> of help with tutors and suggestions of how to overcome problems.
>> I've found that with most software you need to study the manual in
>> detail as there are many options you can use to get the program to
>> work the way you want it to work.
>> Nero is still a popular program and I know of some happy Nero users.
>> What Nero does best is more in the audio side.
>>
>> Regards Brian

One Solition is to zip up all files that have long filenames in a zip
file then save the zip file to disk.

There are options in Nero for long file names
Click on the ISO tab
Select Max filename 31 chars (pull down menu)
Select the Jo;iet option box
Select the 255 chartacters in path option box
Select the "Allow more than 64 characters for Joliet names option box

Regards Brian

Regards Brian

It does not look like my version has an Iso tab. At least I could not find
it.

> "Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote:
>
> >The manual did not even mention the filename too long problem.
> >
> >Their site was very clear on the copywrite protection on DVDs. Now I use
> >DVD Shrink.
> >
> >Trey
> >
> >Trey Weaver Weaver Technology Trey Weaver Weaver
> >Technology -------------------------------------------------- Phone:
> >919-303-3612 Cell: 919-345-0597 e-Mail:
>
>treyweaver@weavertechnology.com -------------------------------------------
-
> >------
> >"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message

> >acceleration

> >take

> >Backitup
> >use
> >ship

> >> Don't be too hard on Nero 6, most programs refuse to copy protected
> >> DVD's. I'd suggest you take a look at the Nero site as it offers a lot
> >> of help with tutors and suggestions of how to overcome problems.
> >> I've found that with most software you need to study the manual in
> >> detail as there are many options you can use to get the program to
> >> work the way you want it to work.
> >> Nero is still a popular program and I know of some happy Nero users.
> >> What Nero does best is more in the audio side.
> >>
> >> Regards Brian
> >>

> One Solition is to zip up all files that have long filenames in a zip
> file then save the zip file to disk.
>
> There are options in Nero for long file names
> Click on the ISO tab
> Select Max filename 31 chars (pull down menu)
> Select the Jo;iet option box
> Select the 255 chartacters in path option box
> Select the "Allow more than 64 characters for Joliet names option box
>
> Regards Brian
>

> Regards Brian

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote:

>It does not look like my version has an Iso tab. At least I could not find
>it.
>
>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>> "Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote:
>>
>> >The manual did not even mention the filename too long problem.
>> >
>> >Their site was very clear on the copywrite protection on DVDs. Now I use
>> >DVD Shrink.
>> >
>> >Trey
>> >
>> >Trey Weaver Weaver Technology Trey Weaver Weaver
>> >Technology -------------------------------------------------- Phone:
>> >919-303-3612 Cell: 919-345-0597 e-Mail:
>>
>>treyweaver@weavertechnology.com -------------------------------------------
>-
>> >------
>> >"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message

>> >acceleration

>> >take

>computer
>> >Backitup
>you
>> >use
>that
>complete
>> >ship

>> One Solition is to zip up all files that have long filenames in a zip
>> file then save the zip file to disk.
>>
>> There are options in Nero for long file names
>> Click on the ISO tab
>> Select Max filename 31 chars (pull down menu)
>> Select the Jo;iet option box
>> Select the 255 chartacters in path option box
>> Select the "Allow more than 64 characters for Joliet names option box
>>
>> Regards Brian
>>

>> Regards Brian

Run the program Nero Burning ROM 6
Select the CD-ROM (ISO) icon on the left and you'll see a tab called
ISO.

Regards Brian

Thanks, I will try it.

> "Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote:
>
> >It does not look like my version has an Iso tab. At least I could not
find
> >it.
> >
> >"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message

>>treyweaver@weavertechnology.com ------------------------------------------
-
> >-

> >computer
> >you
> >that
> >complete

> >> One Solition is to zip up all files that have long filenames in a zip
> >> file then save the zip file to disk.
> >>
> >> There are options in Nero for long file names
> >> Click on the ISO tab
> >> Select Max filename 31 chars (pull down menu)
> >> Select the Jo;iet option box
> >> Select the 255 chartacters in path option box
> >> Select the "Allow more than 64 characters for Joliet names option box
> >>
> >> Regards Brian
> >>

> >> Regards Brian
> >
> Run the program Nero Burning ROM 6
> Select the CD-ROM (ISO) icon on the left and you'll see a tab called
> ISO.
>
> Regards Brian

"Trey Weaver" <noemailtome@thanks.com> wrote in

> Just bought Nero 6.0 Ultra, I am very disappointed.
>
> First thing I tried was to play a DVD on ShowTime. With hardware
> acceleration of the movie is very,very choppy. With hardware
> acceleration on the screen is black. WinDVD and PowerDVD play the
> video fine.
>
> Second thing I tried to do is to backup my DVD's so I would not need
> to take my originals on vacation. Won't do it, copyright protection.
>
> Third thing was to use BackItUp. Out of the 29,000 files on my
> computer over 1000 of them had file names greater than 256 characters
> long. Backitup will not read files with filename longer than 256
> characters unless you use 8.3 format. This makes BackItUp completely
> useless. I would guess that most everyone has cookies in there temp
> internet folder that the complete filename is greater than 256
> characters (including path). How can you ship something like this?
>
> I am afraid to try the forth thing.
>
> Trey Weaver

Sorry to hear you're struggling, but I'm glad you posted this. I was
deciding between Nero, 123 Copy DVD and a couple of other brands. I
really don't want a hassle. It doesn't sound like Nero can do anything,
but I've heard some people recommend it. Have you heard anything about
123 Copy DVD? It's not that well known of a brand, but I've read some
really positive posts about it. What I find most appealing is that it's
supposed to be a complete DVD burning suite. That sounds good to me.
Kevin