[SOLVED] Very High CPU and GPU temps

May 28, 2020
I just built my brand new gaming pc yesterday and I am getting very high temps such as up to 95 degrees on my GPU and CPU with no overclocking while running or downloading games and around 70 degrees when idle. I have 3 intake fans at the front of my case and 1 exhaust fan at the back.

Components
CPU- ryzen 5 2600
Cooler- stock wraith stealth that comes with r5 2600
GPU- xfx Radeon rx 580 8gb
PSU- Thermaltake smart 500w
Case- thermaltake v200 rgb TG (comes with 3 rgb fans in front and 1 in back
RAM- G-Skill aegis 16gb DDR4 3000mhz
MOBO- gigabyte b450m ds3h micro atx
SSD- Kingston 500gb SATA ssd

Solution
There's no real front air intake. Take a look at the front panel and tell us where the 3 front fans are supposed to pull in air from.
Technically, there's some slots in the front right edge and an opening at the bottom. That's not exactly ideal for airflow though.

I did notice a review for this case mention that it might be worth moving the front fans to the inside of those mounts to improve airflow, so that the fans don't block those openings as much.

aakarshan

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2013
Check the flow of your case fans. Are they positioned right?

Open task manager and check if there is something running in the background which taking up a lot of cpu usage.

I would advise you to re-apply thermal paste on to your CPU and GPU and maybe it will solve your problem.

There's no real front air intake. Take a look at the front panel and tell us where the 3 front fans are supposed to pull in air from.
Technically, there's some slots in the front right edge and an opening at the bottom. That's not exactly ideal for airflow though.

I did notice a review for this case mention that it might be worth moving the front fans to the inside of those mounts to improve airflow, so that the fans don't block those openings as much.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution